TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new mag today. We just got it here in the warehouse, so it might hit newstands this week, maybe next week.

There is a tidbit on tccoa on page 41 in the questions forum, someone asks how to hop up their tbird, and the editor recommends tccoa.com.

In other stuff in the mag, there is a pretty good feature on MarkVII's and VIII's. Similar to the supercoupe thing they did a month back. Anyway, its funny to see the LMS powered cars running mid to high 14's after much tooning.

That made me chuckle.

Then I checked out the souped up project Lightning, that blew up on the track at Englishtown. The boys at JDM were kind enough to build a new motor for the magazine. So, instead of figuring out why the old motor blew up, they just put a new motor in it.

So, the tooners at JDM dynoed the new motor, and decided to do a little tooning, and they wonder why its running so lean. They almost blow up the new built motor on the dyno.

The problem turned out to be a faulty fuel relay or regulator or something like that.

That also made me chuckle.

Funny stuff.

Deffinitely a good one to pickup.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Awesome.. I've thought about just getting a subscription since I've bought the last few issues off the stand.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I just love how the magazines are light years behind on so many things we've discovered... i wonder when theyll do an article on PI cams, lol.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sometimes there is some neat stuff in there, but usually there is alot of bs.

I guess thats how it goes.

JH

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
HAHAahahaha... just got off the toilet after reading about the SC shootout for the 100th time.
The more I read it, the more I see a total lack of respect in the article. They didn't even mention the 100 degree weather. If it was a Mustang or a Lightning, there would have been 1000 excuses. Maybe I should send them an email and tell them that Gary has since gone [email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have a little secret for you on why magazines are usually behind the times on stuff like this: For the most part, they're writers or photographers, not expert engine tuners. There are exceptions, like Richard Holdener--his stuff is excellent, but magazine guys usually aren't experts on everything...they just know plenty of people that are. They (we, I'm one of them) have to turn to guys like you to figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Jan 2004 MM&FF...

Anyone have this yet? I picked it up this morning, there is a pretty sweet section with some Mark 8's, Crown Vic's, and a sweet 67' Galaxy 500. It was called the Luxobarge invitational. Hehe.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Pictures?

Yuo may be looking forward to an article, possibly front cover, of us midwest mn12's sometime next year, nothing solid yet though.

-Thomas

·
Registered
141 Posts
Might be a little off topic, but i was looking at the new MM&FF, and they have their Luxobarge shootout in it. Can someone explain why it says in there that the only T-birds that run in that class are the turbo coupes? Why wont they let any MN12 birds or cats in that shootout? You would think that they belong with the Marks and the Vics. That kinda bothers me........:mad:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
That is odd, because a mark basically IS a bird. And turbo coupe's are 4 bangers... I find that very strange. :2huh:
-Thomas

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I think it's because they wouldn't want JL, Blake-vortech, ChadG, Kdanner, Bullitbird, or EECDOC showing up and owning the event :rolleyes:

or any sub 14 second birds for that matter, would look bad for the JDM, or LMS tooners. :D

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
JoelBender
Your right!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
JoelBender said:
I think it's because they wouldn't want JL, Blake-vortech, ChadG, Kdanner, Bullitbird, or EECDOC showing up and owning the event :rolleyes:

or any sub 14 second birds for that matter, would look bad for the JDM, or LMS tooners. :D
They would, and I'd love every minute of it. :) I would just hope its within driving range for me, lol. Time to set up the MAMN12 canopy....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts