TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals

I have all the parts to do the mustang hub swap and the Cobra Brake install on my '95 S/C. I have found some rims I really like and was wondering if anyone else has installed 2005+ Mustang rims on their 'Birds? My question is, since they have a bit too much positive offset, what size spacersa did you use? And if anyone else has used the Bullits, a pic would be a great help.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Talk to Big Mike here on these boards

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Should work find as is. Only pictures I have seen of the bullits is someone who used adapters to go from 5 on 4.25 to 5 on 4.5, but there are others I have seen running other styles of 05+ Rustang wheels.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
if they are the same size and offset as mine, then they would look something like this:

before mounting the tires, double check your wheel to front spindle clearance. mine is about 1/4". i didnt use any spacers in the rear. are yours a 45mm offset?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry about that. I bought them before I got my Supercoupe in preparation for the swap. Just need to get some rims and tires and on they will go. I will keep an eye out for the parts for you, though. Do you attend our SCCoO meetings at all?
The ad says they are takeoffs and have never been driven, He has 12 of them at $225, if he ever answers my emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, they are 17"

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BIG MIKE

Thanks for the pics and the info, and all the other guys as well. My car is blue, and I think these will look hot on her.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i mean by more wheel clearance. so you can get a bigger wheel under it. I think if you get a 10 inch 05 stang wheel its got very close to the same offset as the 10 inch wheels made for our cars. Currently I have 98 cobra wheels on mine and they look to fit pretty well but I did have some rubbing with 255 45 17 in the rear before I went with Bilsteins.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
well, i can tell you that i test fitted a 10 inch wheel with no tire in the 94-04 offset, and it stuck out alot. i believe it was a 24mm offset. if they had a 10 inch wheel in the 05+ offsets, i would have test fit that one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah the 05-07 offset for a 10 inch wheel is normally a 40mm to 45mm offset. I am not sure if that will clear the sway bar or not tho, especially my addco bar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts