TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone, I decided to to a mod to my 97Tbird with the 2003 KBR mustang brakes.
However, I have the 16 wheels and brake bracket says 16. So therefore i have larger rotors, I guess they are the Mark 8 sized ones. So the brake brakets will not fill over my rotors. What can I do about this I don't want to get smaller rotors.
Will the 2004 mustang calipers work?
Will the 2004 brakes fit on my spindle?
I will need the mustang 2004 braket?
Will that fit on my spindle?
Thanks,lexx007

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Do a search for PBR calipers, it's been covered extensively. You'll have to go with the smaller rotor.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,529 Posts
Check mine out. Links to my sources in my gallery.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about this, can I put on the 2004 and up mustang calipers and brackets on my 97 Tbird?
I have the larger type rotor with the caliper bracket marked 16.
Thanks, Woody

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, what I mean is the 2004 Mach 1 has a brake caliper that is different than the PBR that I have. Will the Mach 1 caliper and bracket work on my 97 sport rotor (which is larger than the standard Tbird)?

·
Super Moderator
12,529 Posts
This PBR caliper is on a 13" Rotor. Does it look like it will fit on a smaller rotor? Uh... no.

And don't just go out and buy the Mustang rotors either because the bolt patterer is different. You can see here where mine were re-drilled to fit the Thunderbird bolt pattern.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Trunk Monkey those are cobra calipers. The standard PBR's from mustangs fit the small rotor found on non sport thunderbirds. Not the larger rotor found on markVIII's,sports, and SC's (even the SC xr7's)
Pay attention when you do the install I have seen the bolts be too long so watch for that. You have to grind the knuckle and sometimes part of the caliper to clear and you have to modify one caliper for the line to go on.
Alan

Standard PBR's will fit 15 inch wheels.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Cobra full floating PBR manufactured calipers will not work on 11.5 sport rotors.
99-04 Mustang PBR manufactured calipers will not work on 11.5 sport rotors.
Only the calipers you have on the car now will work with your rotors.

If you want to use the standard twin piston GT/V6 calipers you need smaller rotors.
If you want to use Cobra/Bullitt/Mach1 calipers, you will need 13in rotors.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,468 Posts
This PBR caliper is on a 13" Rotor. Does it look like it will fit on a smaller rotor? Uh... no.

And don't just go out and buy the Mustang rotors either because the bolt patterer is different. You can see here where mine were re-drilled to fit the Thunderbird bolt pattern.

http://forums.tccoa.com/gallery/image_2549.jpg
Any monkey with a drill can make mustang rotors fit :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts