TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm really digging the idea of getting a set of wheels similar to the "Bullitt Style Charcoal" wheels available from customwheelsmarket.com (check 'em out here ), but according to their site, the wheels aren't available in the proper size for our cars, unless you go with the polished or chrome finish (and I'd really prefer the charcoal.. :) )

I don't suppose anyone happens to have any idea where I could find similar wheels, that would actually fit? Or, if not -- what's the word on lug kits? I've heard they're a PITA to install, but I've never heard anything about them functionally...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

(oops -- fixed the link.. :) )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
129 Posts
From what i recall, MV bought bare unpolished castings and put a bunch of work into them to get them as seen in that pic.

Mike J

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey Matt,

Yah, i think i'll try to head up. Don't know if i want to race the "chipless wonder" though, lol.
Do you know if our cars will have to pass tech inspection to run? If not, maybe i can bring the Rustang!

Mike J

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
theyll probably have some kind of tech, which is why i just bought new tires. i was down to nothing in the front, which doesnt really bother me but it looks like junk.

why wouldnt the stang pass tech?

·
Registered
129 Posts
well.....
the mustang body is pretty much gutted right now, but with a heavily modded drivetrain and suspension.
probably wouldn't pass due to:

1. Lack of any glass other than a windshield
2. Miscellaneous tack-welded patch panels
3. No seat belts

other than that, she's good to go! lol.

Mike

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BostonCat said:
well.....
the mustang body is pretty much gutted right now, but with a heavily modded drivetrain and suspension.
probably wouldn't pass due to:

1. Lack of any glass other than a windshield
2. Miscellaneous tack-welded patch panels
3. No seat belts

other than that, she's good to go! lol.

Mike
lol...yea i bet that wouldnt pass tech. i think the only thing that would fail you would be the seatbelts though. body panels and windows arent necessary to drank safely.....kinda.... :p

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
www.cardomain.com/id/weasle

87 Cougar XR7 with a body kit, cowl hood, dual twin exhaust tips.

17" Bullit wheels, bolt pattern change.

·
Registered
604 Posts
wow this thread might make me get bullit rims instead of the cobra r rims! keep the pics rolling!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts