TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I have a guy who works for me who has a 1996 Mustang GT Vert. The car has a cracked intake manifold. Is there a standing replacement recall on this car? Should the dealer replace the manifold at no cost? I thought that I remembered reading here that was the case with the Tbird intake manifolds. TIA.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Not true.

Read that letter in the very same thread

96 and 97 Mustangs are included in the recall.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dohhh!

ah, my bad
tell your friend to print out the letter, and have ford run an oaisis report on the vin.
they should replace everything for free. (if the crack is in the front of the intake right behind the alternator). Ford payed my tow to boot.

frank

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

...thanks for the information guys. That will be a big help! As always, the TCCOA members are the best BBS members in the world. All of the LS1 boards that I am on now are way to busy!! Thanks guys!

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
That's cause LS1s are like belly buttons. Everyone has one. :D
*cough* mustang *cough*

if everyone has one, hows come I dont? :(

i want a trans am.....

:bawling:
waaaaaaa

·
Registered
329 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

if everyone has one, hows come I dont? :(
I got one...what are you waiting for!!!!

j/k....:uppoint:

But on a serious note, I hate hearing that expression. 95% of the Mustangs you see these days are the 94-up models...mostly V6. When i drive my 3rd gen 5.0, i aways get people telling me they don't see to many clean 5.0's anymore.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same problem here?

Ok, I searched for pics/details to figure out EXACTLY where the crack propogates on the plastic intake manifold but I couldn't find any. Where EXACTLY does it crack?

The reason I ask is because my 4.6L has been slowly leaking from the T-stat housing for about 3 days now. Not enough to pool up, but enough to steam up and smell it. I replaced the O-ring seal and thermostat yesterday, but I noticed that coolant is still seeping up the right bolt that holds down the water neck. I can see that it's wet around the washer. It's also wet between the water neck and the intake manifold. Is this just a leak, or is this the beginnings of a cracked intake?:confused:

The reason I ask is because I went to a Ford dealer yesterday and they told me my car is not covered by the infamous recall. I gave them a piece of my mind, but I know it's Ford's fault, not the dealer's. Their estimate was $659.00!!! :mad:

Any help or advice is seriously appreciated. Last month I spent over $630 when a road sign blew into the middle lane of I-88 and it's frame tore open my gas tank and punched the fuel pump. My maintenance budget is eating my Christmas budget, if you know what I mean.

(Maybe I should've posted this under the 4.6L Engine Forum)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ok, I searched for pics/details to figure out EXACTLY where the crack propogates on the plastic intake manifold but I couldn't find any. Where EXACTLY does it crack?

they should replace everything for free. (if the crack is in the front of the intake right behind the alternator).

my post SAME thread, just a few posts up.

frank

·
Registered
81 Posts
I checked and...

My car was built after July of 97, so it is not covered by Ford.:ztoohot:

·
Registered
180 Posts
when was the car delivered? i have heard that the seven year period does not start until the original owner took delivery of the car. you might be able to fight with ford over this.

frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts