TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do mustang GT s have mufflers, and if so could I set them up on my Thunderbird.
The GT (stock) sound is what I am looking for and I was hoping that could be a cheap alternative. If anyone has any exaust clips of any setup, I would like to hear them, if you don't mind. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The sound might have more to do with engine (minor differances), exhaust routing, and where cats are. I would just get some new Flowmasters if sound is what you are looking for. If you want a good sound and performance I hear Borla or a couple others are pretty good.

-shawn

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, True, True, it sounds as if flow master is the way to go, what type should I adquire, how much would it approximately cost, and these "Borla" mufflers, how much would those cost. And for my own enjoyment one more question my boy, could I just grab one muffler and slap it into the resonator position. :2huh:

·
8,239 Posts
get an ART True Dual Exhaust, and put your choice of mufflers on it. I like the dynomax ultra flow stainless mufflers.

JH

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

diagram by Seabass

You can do this. Pretty much getting rid of the res and third cat. You can leave the first two if you are pressed for money or get new high flow ones. Then you just pop in the muffler of your choice and have it all put together at a shop and you would be ready to go.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just sitting at home a few hours ago and saw a hack saw in my utility room.
You can most likely assume what accured between me and my mufflers, and lets just say Mr. Muffler and Mrs. Thunderbird have gone through a rough divorce. But on a slighlty more happy subject, no exaust equals "happiness".Thanks for everyones input and ....

....thats all I got.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts