TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i found a set of the old Mustang GT 17's with the center cap. Could i just have a machine shop redrill holes in the wheels so that they would fit my bolt pattern? What would i need to tell the machine shop to do exactly?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Yeah you can do that, or you can always upgrade your rotors and brakes to the ones that the Cobras used, but you can do that.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
tell the machine shop that you want a bolt pattern drilled to 5x4.25in or 5x108mm. I had a set of rotors drilled and gave them an old rotor as a template.

joseph

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much is it likely to run? to have the machine shop drill the mustang wheels out to the MN12 bolt pattern.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
It cost me $180 to have mine redrilled. However, I didnt just take them to a machine shop, I took them to a shop that specalizes in redrilling rims.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How exactly do they redrill it? Do they have to drill 5 new holes or just drill the existing holes to new size?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Aaron K. said:
It cost me $180 to have mine redrilled. However, I didnt just take them to a machine shop, I took them to a shop that specalizes in redrilling rims.
I always assumed you had doen a hub swap, how do those center caps fit with the different bolt patter? Anyways those rims look great on that car.

-Miller

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Aaron K. said:
They redrilled the existing holes on mine.
So they are like slotted? Is this something a normal machinist could do? I happen to have a machine shop at my disposal ;)

-Miller

·
Registered
529 Posts
$120 to get mine redrilled

1 - 10 of 10 Posts