TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Well written, but the author made one mistake:
His entire rant was based on this kid being stupid, young, foolish, trendy, etc. Yet this guy reverts to high school 'Mom jokes' to get his point across.
Pot calling the kettle black?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Now THAT one I liked! "127 HP + 10 HP = still a S****y engine."

·
Registered
221 Posts
Civic "Rant"

This Mustanger was not trying to politically correct, use perfect english etc. He was RANTING! After about two lines, I had a mental picture of the civic and, from experience, could relate to what was burning his donkey. A great cure for those who are so proud of their subwoofers that they disregard everyone else is a 240gr JHP right through the voice coil of that S-woofer! I respectfully dont agree that the author made a mistake------------he was on a deserved rant.
What I do not agree with (even though I can understand it) is the language he used. Now dont misunderstand, having been in boot camp and around rough talking men (and women) I can use that kind of language with the best of them----however, It has absolutely no place in a public forum where our wives and kids read. They can and will learn it all on their own, but since it is not a sign of intellect, why is it necessary to such an extent--------we "aint" talking about just an occasional slip!
Obviously he is within his forum rules-----or the moderator is asleep.
I hope this forum never allows such "loose" language---even on a rant.
YB

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Very well said yardbird. I agree with everything you said (well, the 240gr through the sub-woofer is a bit extreme....... tempting! but extreme :D ) My girlfriend has a young daughter and the guys that ride past her house have thier speakers up so loud that it rattles her HOUSE windows. I can't believe the girl sleeps through it. I've seen civics exactly as he describes (haven't we all?) and being driven as he describes. As if the driver is too "cool" (bad? I can't keep up with the jargon) to have respect for other drivers or citizens. I'd rant to.

edit: One other thing. I've never met Sir Will personally, but from what I've seen of his posts and the way he runs this board I don't think he will ever allow such harsh language here. He's a great guy.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i agree that was a very nice well wrote post

·
Registered
221 Posts
extreme measures!

I agree with that! A 240gr is extreme---- guess that was my "Rant". Glad to see that I am not out on the end of that limb with a saw!
TX :D
YB

·
Registered
817 Posts
man both those rants hit the nail on the head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts