TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking and i cant find a link can someone help me?

·
Banned
998 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks bro,now i want to do the 93 cobra fan blades what troubles do you think i would run in to if any the rims are 17 x 8.5 bolt pattern 4 x 4.25 and then the off setting /backspacing +26mm / 5.74

·
Banned
998 Posts
I am no pro for sure.

IMHO:
But I do not think those wheels were intended to work with any big brake combos on heavier cars.

Remember they are 4 lug and that you have a much heavier car(Tbird 3800#) than the mustang(3000#) I do not think it is something that most MN12 owners have worked on as a upgrade at all.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know one guy got the wheels remachined to fit the stock pattern...

·
Banned
998 Posts
Almost anything can be done if you work at it hard enough. We just have to ask ourselves do I want to spend alot of money on this or do I want to look at other options.

Personal taste completely.

Safety first!

·
pendejo
430 Posts
I don't think we can do a Fox mustang hub swap... All the hub swap information is for 94 and newer SN95 models.

I thought some fox mustangs were five lug though, maybe similar wheels are available in a five lug pattern? Personally I keep thinking about Mark VII LSC Turbine rims, I like them but I don't think they'd suit a Cougar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think we can do a Fox mustang hub swap... All the hub swap information is for 94 and newer SN95 models.

I thought some fox mustangs were five lug though, maybe similar wheels are available in a five lug pattern? Personally I keep thinking about Mark VII LSC Turbine rims, I like them but I don't think they'd suit a Cougar.
um fox cars dont use a hub/bearing assembly on the front, they have spindles and the wheel bearing goes in the rotor

doesnt the thunderbird's fan blade factory wheels look like the 93 cobra's rim anyways? similar design at the least even if its only 15" instead of 17"

if you are taking 93 Cobra R, those are 94-95 Mustang GT wheels painted black with a chrome 93 pony rim center cap, those are on the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and wil work

·
Registered
55 Posts
hub swap

What do people use when they hubswap the Fox's to 5-lug? 94+ parts? I've seen it done several times. I wouldn't imagine they're using SVO or R parts. Just curious...
fox guys use Lincoln parts from a mark 7 or a mustang SVO (same parts I believe) on the front and then I think typically they use ranger or aerostar axles and brakes on the back

MN12 chassis guys can use 94-04 mustang front brake components (I think 89-92 need to swap spindles as well, 93-97 just the hubs and brakes) for the rear you can use the 99-04 SVT mustang rear hubs, I think you still have to retain the t-bird brake calipers and use a adapter bracket to position them right over the 99-04 SVT cobra rear rotors

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
MN12 chassis guys can use 94-04 mustang front brake components (I think 89-92 need to swap spindles as well, 93-97 just the hubs and brakes) for the rear you can use the 99-04 SVT mustang rear hubs, I think you still have to retain the t-bird brake calipers and use a adapter bracket to position them right over the 99-04 SVT cobra rear rotors
This I know...I'm running FR500's right now. ;) I was just curious about the Fox stuff.

You are correct on the rest of your info. You can also just have your stock rotors redrilled to the new pattern.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
um fox cars dont use a hub/bearing assembly on the front, they have spindles and the wheel bearing goes in the rotor
Sorry if I was misunderstood, I was just trying to point out that the mustang hub swap is for SN95 models and the op wanted to swap 4 x 4.25 bolt pattern wheels off a fox mustang.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I realized that. That's why I edited my post lol. On a side note that seems like a dumb move on fords part..one side is stronger than the other

1 - 20 of 21 Posts