TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a friend of mine is getting rid of his 96 mustang and it has longtube's on it.(3.8) and said he would hook me up with a great price for them since hes selling all the aftermarket stuff on it when he trades his car in. So i was wondering, if I did the steering shaft mod, would these work(minus exhaust work and such)? is there enough room between the ST's for the header and the steering shaft? I havent really seen anything on here for the 3.8L headers(did a search) and all i came up was it SHOULD work w/ the steering mod, so has anyone had any first hand knowledge with them?

Also, please dont tell me not to get them, or the positive/negative side effects of long tubes. I just need to know if they will fit w/ the steering mod.(not tring to be an A-hole, but I jsut dont want a whole thread of people telling me not to get them)

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I don't think anyone has tried mustang 3.8L longtubes with the steering shaft mod, yet. I'd go for it, especially if you're getting a good price on the headers. If they absolutely won't fit, you could probably sell them and get your money back (or even make a profit).

Just my $.02

-Rod

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I thought about this a few years back before I had decided to go twin turbo, and it did appear as though they would fit if the steering shaft mod were done with it. I know the passenger side fits fine. If the steering shaft mod doesnt give you enough room, you could also chop the problem primaries off and weld in new re-routed ones.
-Thomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts