TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all laughed when I said this was the only form we’ll see a new Thunderbird in, if Ford did it to their prize pony, no name is sacred.

57700FE0-492A-465B-AF2E-FA773172A758.png

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
If they bring back the Tbird as an SUV, there's going to be a bloodbath at Ford.

Just sayin...

:)

That looks like they designed it after a hot wheels approximation of a Mustang.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Very interesting. I signed up for the notifications.

I'll be heading to the Charlotte Auto Show next week. I'm curious if they'll have one on display there. I'll get some pix if they do.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,566 Posts
Oh my...

·
Super Moderator
17,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting. I signed up for the notifications.

I'll be heading to the Charlotte Auto Show next week. I'm curious if they'll have one on display there. I'll get some pix if they do.

gaze at it with the same ominous stare

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If they bring back the Tbird as an SUV, there's going to be a bloodbath at Ford.

Just sayin...

:)

That looks like they designed it after a hot wheels approximation of a Mustang.
First they came for the eclipse.
Then, they did it to the mustang.
A tbird crossover is not an impossibility.
-g

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
It's really not surprising. With Ford getting rid of sedans, and “focusing” on SUV/crossovers, this was bound to happen. Sounds like they want in on Tesla market share of the electric market. If they do it well, good on them. The 300 mile EPA estimated range is impressive. I believe that is about what the long range Tesla was getting

I am not really a big Mustang fan, but hope they leave the Mustang alone for the most part. It will probably go Hybrid option sometime soon. It has to, most exotics are, even the NSX is a hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I never really knew what the word "Fugly" meant; now I know.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Yup. It's ugly. The Tesla X is way better looking. I saw one at Cars & Coffee again last month. I love those Tesla seats.

There are many other better looking electric SUVs on the horizon.

3, Faraday Future FF91.
2, Byton. M-Byte (Chinese)
1, SF Motors. (SF5)

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I like the Tesla Pickup I saw; search "Truckla" on YT. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
RLFLMAO! That's great! Built by a Woman! The faux ad is fantastic! I love all the puns in it.

"Available ... NOWHERE!"

·
Super Moderator
17,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,566 Posts
Lee Iacocca is rolling over in his grave...

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Typical "Slap a Tablet on the Dash" that so many auto companies are doing.

Second pop up screen behind the steering wheel but no heads up display. WTF it's almost 2020 this B!tch should have heads up display!

·
Super Moderator
17,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim Hatchet lives up to his name big time with this bludgeoned pile.

I love how they all pronounced it mocky though, very fitting

Typical "Slap a Tablet on the Dash" that so many auto companies are doing.

Second pop up screen behind the steering wheel but no heads up display. WTF it's almost 2020 this B!tch should have heads up display!
yeah, this reeks of design by committee. I’m not a fan of this look but I at least get what the designers were going for in previous designs. Ford’s so clearly trying to be Tesla they’re tracing paper copying their design but meekishly try to retain a tactile knob because of past criticisms and a straight ahead cluster on another fake tablet, that in no way resembles any tablet I know of. It looks as cluttered as the multiple devices onholders they’re boasting about eliminating. HUD would do the same thing but be way cleaner looking, which is the whole point of this fad.

I also took note how long they talked about infotainment vs the elephant in the room of making a Mustang that is not only a EV but a 4 door soccer mom SUV. I feel like they spent a ot of time desperately trying to pitch Tesla believers with comparable tech than actually figure out how it fits with the Mustang, which it doesn’t. they took it around a track with ken block to look exciting, and it couldn’t look less exciting. Because EVs aren’t exciting. A few high torque WOT pulls will wow you but that’s where the excitement ends and once you’re used to it, blah. The current Mustang language isn’t even Mustang like ironically, the Mustang was inspired by the 2012 Fusion, so all this looks like is a Fusion SUV with triple taillights.

“This is for Mustang buyers who have kids” hey Ford: Maybe STOP MAKING THE MUSTANG A CORVETTE! Mustangs from the 60s could be used relatively practically, especially the with coupe bodystyle. Maybe people would buy more real Mustangs if they weren’t mandatory Fastbacks with **** visibility and practicality

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Early pics of the segment-fluid Mustang
?

Is that still prototype stage, or is it going to look like that? What a ******* disgrace... Looks like Ford just put the mustang taillights and logo on whatever crossover turd design they had in the works and called it a day. I am starting to hate Ford about as much as GM these days.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
My problem with this, isn't what they built. I have absolutely no problem with what they built and what Ford is trying to achieve and compete against (Tesla) by creating this vehicle. My problem with the vehicle is the fact that they used the name "Mustang" on this! I don't care that it's inspired by the Mustang or the fact that they literally copy and pasted parts of the Mustang (lights, panels, etc.) onto this thing. I care - and we all seem to be on the same page here - that they disgraced the Mustang name by giving it to this thing!

Is it sad that I want this thing to fail so hard simply because they used the Mustang name on this thing?

When they EV the mustang this is the route they should go.
I agree! This is what a future EV Mustang should be based on. Not this "thing".

I never really knew what the word "Fugly" meant; now I know.
LOL, there have been plenty a vehicle that fit the word "Fugly". The first one I remember that comes to mind is that thing Pontiac built that they called the Aztek.....

I think they’re all ugly, but I despise “SUVs”. worst fad of my life.
For me, it's wagons. Those things need to die for good already.

?

Is that still prototype stage, or is it going to look like that? What a *** disgrace... Looks like Ford just put the mustang taillights and logo on whatever crossover turd design they had in the works and called it a day. I am starting to hate Ford about as much as GM these days.
This is not prototype stage. This is what production will look like. Perhaps a tweak here and there, but for the most part, this is it.

Reactions: XR7-4.6
1 - 20 of 54 Posts