TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 LX. Last week while getting some more stuff out of the way and getting ready to remove my old 4.6, I removed the entire A/C system. I decided to leave it out, opting for less weight and more power, (for my BRAND NEW forged Mustang PI engine, with all the goodies)!

After seeing how much room there is when you have the A/C radiator and the regular radiator, I thought about a big new shiny aluminum radiator to replace the stock one.

Can I just get one made for a Mustang or a "universal" one? I figured I should do something with the cooling considering the 3.73" gears and the ability to rev over 7,500 RPM's should make for some extra heat.

Let me know if any of you have used an after-market radiator, and what you had to do.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the 03 Cobra radiator will fit, but doesnt have a heat exchanger for the transmission. You will have to get a cooler (B&M 28k GVW) and plumb the lines, which is fairly easy. Dan at Joe Cooper Ford can hook you up. The rad is something like 300$ or so and requires some minor modification to make it fit. Do a search and explicit details will be found:D

joseph

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Griffin makes one specifically for the 5L mn12, but it'll work in any mn12. Just tell them you have a 5L or they'll get all pissy. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts