TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping you guys could tell me if a trac-loc 8.5" set of gears from a 90 mustang would fit my 94 cougar. thanks...

·
Registered
456 Posts
should be a set of 8.8's, to start, not 8.5...the rest id up to these guys. From what I understand, both have 28-spline axles, so I think other than the bearings, it should be a go. But, like I said... let these boys here answer definate or not.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks it's becuase my teacher at school has it and is willing to get rid of it when the topic came up in class.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
definately wait to read other folks answer...I am digging through memory cobwebs, and they can hide alot of important info when I need it!!!

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i know that feeling....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes it will fit with no problems. IRS/ non-IRS doesn't matter. The non-IRS has the grooves on the clips for installation. It fits and works like it should. Rich has one in his car, dirtyd0g says it works, Gus has one in his Mark. It works! I'll be puttin one in too.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent!!!:D now just to get him to bring it into class maybe we could spend a part of the day doing that, after we finish building. anything extra i should buy or anything i should do when i get to putting it in?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was told if it's in good condition then you don't need anything extra but a rebuild kit wouldn't hurt. The t-loc swaps into the stock case. Get a professional to do it though. Just my knowledge combined with others.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool thanks.. i appreciate the advice...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts