TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got a good deal on some new 18" Cobra" in the mustang bolt pattern & also have everything needed for the hub swap + the cobra brake package. Now my question, the wheels have a 24mm offset how will they look on my 91SC? Any one have pix with these wheels? Thanx!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
First, how much stuff do you have to do the hub swap? I hope it includes some 93+ front spindles.

Second, how wide are the rims? I think if they are 8 inches wide they should be okay.

Third, which rims are they? Are they factory? What year? Aftermarket?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are 18x9 cobra R replicas, the big brake package came off another SC so yea I have every thing. Just want to see how the rims fit with 24mm offset

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
well, my 9 inch wide 17s are 36 mm offset, add a 3 mm spacer in front and that is 33 mm, and they are flush in front. I am going to guess they will stick out in front (like 1/4-1/2 inch), and be exactly what you want in the rear. I would like to have a 1/2 spacer in the rear. I have trim around the wheel wells on mine and not sure how much that adds to the width of the wheel well.

There is a big thread of pictures and many people put the spec of their wheels so maybe you can find something there.

This is 17x9 with 33 mm offset (and 245/45/17 tires):

rear:

BUT I don't have the wheels you have, so I don't know what they will look like! That just seems like not enough offset/backspacing to get them under the front fender for a 9 inch wheel (but perfect for an 8 inch wide wheel).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanx, I jumped on the wheel cuz I got a realy good deal on them but if they stick out too much in front maybe Ill get rid of them. If any one has this size wheel please post some pix thanx
OMAR

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Pictures af my car when it had 17x9 cobra rims at 26mm off set.

-Miller

1 - 9 of 9 Posts