TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the bullit style stock 17" anthracite mustang rims, and you can get them cheap as hell with tires from newtakeoff.com. I know you can get adapters for them to fit our cars, does anyone know a good place to get them? Anyone have any feedback on how they look or work with stang rims? do the rims stick out funny or anything? thanks guys, i know i can get bullit replicas from the custom shop, but i just wanted to investigate all options, thanks!

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
I really like the bullit style stock 17" anthracite mustang rims, and you can get them cheap as hell with tires from newtakeoff.com. I know you can get adapters for them to fit our cars, does anyone know a good place to get them? Anyone have any feedback on how they look or work with stang rims? do the rims stick out funny or anything? thanks guys, i know i can get bullit replicas from the custom shop, but i just wanted to investigate all options, thanks!
best place is the junkyard

·
Registered
224 Posts
where are u gunna find an adaptor in the just yard..
btw, ebay wants $100 for 2..

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
If they are 05-09 wheels, then the adapters would not be thick enough to be the type that bolt to the hub and have different lugs for the wheels (which you would need for 4.5 to 4.25 adapter or do a hub swap). There are also different wheels with different specs, and OEM and aftermarket ones are different. I think with the Bullits with the euro lip (no real lip) have more backspacing than the ones with the lip it seems. MAYBE you could use an adapter with some of them.

If they are pre 05 wheels, then they already have too little backspacing, and an adapter would push them out past the fenders.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thats when you roll your fenders out to make um fit..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so basically not a good idea? got it. any other input would be sweet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ran adapters w/ cobra r's on my bird for close to two years before I did the hub swap. I can't say I ever had a problem with safety. As long as you put thread lock on the lug bolts before you install the adapters you'd be fine. Problem is for the cost of a set of good adapters you can buy most of the parts for a hub swap.

Also, they look pretty ridiculous in the front as the adapter is going to add the thickness of itself to your offset. Rears looked kinda mean with the extra offset.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah, for the price of the adapters and a set of Stang wheels, you could just as easily saved up and gotten the Hubs and swapped them out. Yes it's less work to do the adapters, but do you want something permanent that you don't have to worry about offset or do you want something that is temporary and IMO kind of poser like? Do it right the 1st time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any good write ups on the hub swap?

·
Registered
641 Posts
After doing the intake, I have a new found respect for the seniors on the board.

·
Registered
194 Posts
one thing that confuses me (one thing? theres only one?) well the current thing confusing me... after the hub swap, we still use the same offest as now, right?? then how on earth do I see these mn-12's with "deep dish" wheels without sticking them out past the wheel wells?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts