TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone did a thread on this a while ago but I can't seem to find the thread? Maybe I'm using the wrong words. I'm going through different exhaust setups in my head and have pretty much seen all I've been thinking about, but can't seem to find any pictures of this style. The last portion of the tailpipe follows the contour/angle of the quarter panel after the rear wheel like Fox body Mustang cat-backs. Anyone have any pictures of it on a MN12?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?:(

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Do you mean something like what’s on this page about half way down? http://www.svpu.com/projects/LSCR1/index.html Not exactly on an mn12 though. I don’t think it would really be much harder to do then a regular exhaust.

I don’t think I've seen a pic with that type of exhaust on an mn12.

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
I think the reason no one has that is because the mustang bumper has a bit of an angle up to it, so putting the pipe there fits with the line of the bumper. The tbird bumper is very straight on the bottom, and much lower than the mustang bumper too, so it would probably just look like your exhaust wasn't held up properly if you did it on a bird.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean something like what’s on this page about half way down? http://www.svpu.com/projects/LSCR1/index.html Not exactly on an mn12 though. I don’t think it would really be much harder to do then a regular exhaust.

I don’t think I've seen a pic with that type of exhaust on an mn12.

Yes, like that.

Best pic I could find @ work on short notice. I'll try to find a better picture/s when I get home.

I think the reason no one has that is because the mustang bumper has a bit of an angle up to it, so putting the pipe there fits with the line of the bumper. The tbird bumper is very straight on the bottom, and much lower than the mustang bumper too, so it would probably just look like your exhaust wasn't held up properly if you did it on a bird.
I can see some angle, maybe not as much or as obvious as a notchback Foxbody but there is definitely some "kickup."

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
My old 95:

-Miller

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
388 Posts
its just straight chrome tail pipes....i love that look too, I plan on doing that to my 5.0. Cant really do that to SC's since the ground effects go down too low (you could but u'd have to cut and only the tip would be visible).

that mark vii LSC-R rox!!!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice:thumbsup: Think there would be enough room between back "y" and the last bend in the system for a short muffler like a 12" glasspack? I'm a little concerned with how my 3.8 would sound with just the mid-mount and cats...really looking for those back mufflers for my car.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
It's kinda tight to stick mufflers in there. This is my setup with thrush turbo mufflers.

I might do it over and put the mufflers in at an angle (Y config) so that I can tuck them up behind the bumper

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you're not going for maximal performance i'd reccommend just throwing some long tips on and leaving mufflers out completely, that's what I have done on my 5.0 and I think it sounds great, but I'll probably be changing that soon because I wanna put the Super Coupe rear valance on

·
Registered
245 Posts
My old 95:

-Miller
That does look really great. But I think the OP is talking about using actual Mustang LX tailpipes and cutting them just after the "over axle" bends. The rear bumpers of both cars are very similar so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Once I buy a 94-95 Tbird, I plan to do this and use a dual in/dual out muffler, or possibly two round-body Magnaflow mufflers and miniature H-pipe for the old school sound.

·
Registered
245 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts