TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for anyone with the big addco bars, do they always come uncoated? I thought they came coated?

These things are huge, and very heavy, they are as big as my wrist!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mine was uncoated to...........A little tricky to do the rear but with some swear words and thrown wrenches you will get it...I did............

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have seen some of the smaller bars that were coated, but I don't think I have seen any pics of the 1 3/8 bars (until now of course). When are you going to put them on? I bet putting that front bar in is going to be fun.

Russell

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Hi Russell,

The ADDCO bars made up for TCCoA members come in a black powder coated finish. The standard finish for ADDCO bars is a gold color rust inhibiting finish. ADDDCO only makes manufacturing runs of these bars when they run out and sometimes there is a shortage of one finish or another. When they run out of a particular finish bar they will just grab the other finish bar (if in stock) so they can ship the order.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Ah. It all makes sense now. :)

Russell

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess better to get them gold than wait forever. They came quickly enough for sure. I actually ordered some when I did the engine swap and they didn't come before the engine was going in so I cancelled the order. They front one is going on when I get my headers from ART, so I am doing two not fun things at once. I plan to put a cherry picker on the engine, drop the k member out completely, lower the engine, put the headers on, and then put the sway bar on when everything goes back together.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm hoping to latch on to a set of these big bars meself...Just wondering if you got the bars mounted up? If so...what's your opinion?

DR:cool:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am working on it now.

IF my headers come Friday (it will be close) the car will be done next weekend. If not, it will be the weekend after next. Then I will have some input.

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
When I ordered my bars I was told they no longer use their powdercoater since the finish was not good quality. I didn't hear anything about running out of a finish.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
I am working on it now.

IF my headers come Friday (it will be close) the car will be done next weekend. If not, it will be the weekend after next. Then I will have some input.

lol **** who jacked ur wheels and suspension! ;)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHA, the title of the thread I posted those pics of on a local board actually said something about someone having jacked my suspension.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Mine came unpainted.I called them and ask why.They told me that they arent getting the powder coated ones anymore because it was not cost effective or something like that.I am a member and mine came zinc coated.They told me that was better then the powder coating also.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seeing how visible that rear bar is, I wish it was something that I could chrome to make it stand out. Maybe i should have left it gold. The black looks better, but it would be fun to draw attention to something like that, should have had them coat it pink.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
coat it pink.
:eek: I think you would get attention alright, but who would you be wanting attention from? You might get attention from these people.

Russell

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe yellow would be a better choice? I once read that all the aftermarket parts Subaru makes through STi (it was their performance part division before it was the name of a car) came pink. I wonder if those are Subarus target customers?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
Maybe yellow would be a better choice? I once read that all the aftermarket parts Subaru makes through STi (it was their performance part division before it was the name of a car) came pink. I wonder if those are Subarus target customers?
:uppoint: I have to drive through Rhea county to go to school on the weekends. I think I will stay home on that weekend before that festival. Good thing WFC7 is the next weekend, so I will be going north instead of south through Rhea county.

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Ok...here's my question. Do you brackets in the rear actually meet up to the flat mount? Mine are about 1/2 shy of the mounting surface and I don't wanna wrench on em cause they'll just bend to crap.

Let me know...need to finger this out tomorrow:)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, they were mounted flat. They weren't completely down against it before putting the bolt in but they are fine now. The kit would definitely be better if it came with some brackets that fit though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts