TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peoples been telling me the exhaust from the resonator back will bolt up to the stock 3.8N/a with no problems from a v8 car well i tryed it and the piping on the v8 is a little bigger then wats on my 3.8N/a i dont know if this is normal but everyone is telling me they are the same size 2''.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just going to take my single pipe exhaust off to day and measure it again then add the duals when i go to autozone for adapter

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
dude you bump after a few days with no answer not a few minutes. it doesnt matter if the piping is bigger anyways so whats the problem if anything it makes it easier to weld on. i know my piping after they split after the rear axle is 2" but the single pipe down the center(after the 3rd cat) i believe is 2.5" or bigger not 100% on the size but i would assume its bigger then 2" of course because that would be extremely restrictive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not positive but I believe the exhaust pipe between the resonator and mufflers is 2 1/4" in diameter. I know it is so on my 5.0 sport but, i'm not sure about the SC exhaust

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx guys for the answers i didn't need a adapter the part from my old exhaust went right in to the middle part of the duals so we just welded it worked out nice.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
you shouldn't put it inside you should go on the outside. the way you did it restricts flow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts