TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving down the road, and all of a sudded the air quit blowing. There is no air coming from the vents no matter what position the constols are in. (manual controls).
The A/C compressor doesn't seem to be kicking on either. The fuse for the AC under the dash is good, but I didn't know the locations of the relays in the under hood box.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

UPDATE:

-Both fuses, under dash and under hood are good, and have +12 volts to them

-No +12 volt power to the blower motor with ignition and a/c on

Heater a/c controls bad maybe?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Even if you put the fan to high no air blows?

If it doesn't come on for vent, defrost, heat, etc, you need to look at the blower motor fuses under the dash, one is in the fuse box, and I have one attached to the side of the fuse box, I assume manual and semi auto use the two fuses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if you put the fan to high no air blows?

If it doesn't come on for vent, defrost, heat, etc, you need to look at the blower motor fuses under the dash, one is in the fuse box, and I have one attached to the side of the fuse box, I assume manual and semi auto use the two fuses.
no, :(nothing on high. updated main post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved with the help of another forum.

There is an inline 30a fuse mounted to the side of the under dash fuse block. The fuse holder is black, and has a snap on cover.

The fuse was not only blown, but about half melted.:eek: It seems to work fine now, but the condition of the fuse has me a little concerned. Looking back to when the fuse blew, I had just left a stop light with a heavy right foot. I'm wondering if the high RPM's created a voltage spike, and if so, why?...:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts