TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love my roommate like a bro but this shelf he put up is so backwards that I don't have the words to describe what I'm thinking. I just keep telling myself he European (cause he is) and thats how they work lol.

Note the brackets being upside down!!!! Sometimes I wish he didn't have his out of control ego.

·
Registered
789 Posts
:idea: :uppoint: wow....

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greek and I can't even get the guy to remove the Tornado I gave him as a "present", I should have got my $ back instead.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Holy crap, that's funny. If you don't want to hurt his ego, then just take it down and put it up the right way when nobody's home, and then deny the knowing anything.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Did he only have two nails? :2huh:

And if you think about it, it does get the job done. Strength wise, I think it is just as good as the "correct" way (if not stronger). (Not as “stable”, but just as strong)

Remember, there's always more than one way to skin a cat. :thumbsup:

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its meant for our phones that connect via the small headphone jack you see dangling. Its just another example of his unexplainable thinking. Yeah I'm not touching it cause it does get the job done. He used more than 2 nails, like 4 or 5

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
lol wow thats great. props for the laugh :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I thought that was how they went. (last name: ends in "SKE") LOL That's just too cool!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Very very ghetto.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Haha!! That is NICE! Reminds me of a shelf I put up in my pantry, it needed anchors so I do all of that and finished the job. It looked nice, for real, and I'm all pleased with it. I go into the living room on the other side of the wall to relax after my hard work. What's all of the white dust on the couch? :confused: Hmmm, I didn't think about how thin the walls were and these screws are sticking thru the wall.:(

Don't worry about the roomie's shelf. Looks like it will fall down soon anyway.:D

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha!! That is NICE! Reminds me of a shelf I put up in my pantry, it needed anchors so I do all of that and finished the job. It looked nice, for real, and I'm all pleased with it. I go into the living room on the other side of the wall to relax after my hard work. What's all of the white dust on the couch? :confused: Hmmm, I didn't think about how thin the walls were and these screws are sticking thru the wall.:(

Don't worry about the roomie's shelf. Looks like it will fall down soon anyway.:D
I think he did this while bored, I'm not sure he will be so happy I put this up here for all to see. If I don't touch it it won't fall down, I learned this thinking from him lol.

And that sounds like my first apt in De Kalb with walls that are breakaway lol.

I've been down the "rework" road so many times. I can sense when something was too easy. If I didn't sweat enough or bust my hand, hit my head, or cut/scratch my hand or arm than something wasn't done right lol.

such is life, you could take the easy way out but don't surprised when the shelf collapses.

When he owned a 95 bird in 2000 no one made a neato replacement for the violin case, that he knew of. Well he made one up of some elbow pieces I can't remember of what though. Well.... Home depot+lots of glue+K+N filter+Custom MAFS+Chip = blown up trans. So he knows a thing or 2 bout cars but I can't say I liked the way he did it. He knows this already. He reads the boards once or twice a year though.

THe woman with the camera is a real failure, the shelf holds 3 lbs, the camera won't work at all like that lol. What a moron!

The Polish question will get no comment from me. It doesn't bother me, its just that his gf actually is Polish and I don't want any flack that I was ripping on her behind her back. Its just a funny coincidence that someone had to ask if he is Polish. So maybe this explains how they tolerate each other for so many years.... food for thought.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts