1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car

car2

busted NEW EvoIII 16g turbo housing he only had for a month

from passenger side window, the shifter is lodged in 5th gear!

this happed this passed tues night....
we found out some drunks from a party wanted to beat him and and was chasing him down in the turbo diesel truck that was heavily modded and we found truck tire tread on his driver side door, they were trying to run him off the road but he launched his car to get away. he's never touched 5th gear in his life, he lost controll and wrecked his car. they life flighted him. on his way to the hospital he flat lined, they brought him back and he was in critical condition. now his doing better and is waiting till he stops bleeding around the lungs before he can go home.

injuries... punctured lung, all right side ribs broken in multiple places, broken collar bone, broken shoulderblade, 2 broken lower lumbar vertibrate, severely strained neck, concusion, ripped lip, and of course burns, cuts, and bruises.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Reasons to cage DSMs:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
he lived though that? there isn't much left to that car. i hope they caught the guys
who ran him over.
best wishes for a full recovery.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they haven't caught them, they have to investigate the accident before they can actually say who did it. but he is finally getting up and walking around a few steps at a time, and he still has the chest tube in to drain the blood from his lungs, as soon as the blood turns clearer he will be discharged and start therapy, he will have to watch what he's doing for 6 months because of his ribs being pretty much shattered because there's a change they can puncture his lung again.

here's pic before he wrecked the car, and before he had put the 18" wheels on it. he had the wheels put on it 2 days before the accident.

RIP 4rcefed Talon

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
At least it wrecked before it had crank walk

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Man that car looks horrible. I'm really glad to hear he's turning out alright.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Thomas said:
Man that car looks horrible.
-Thomas
Yeah that wing is pretty ugly. ;) Gods way of saying buy domestic I think.

Glad to hear he's somewhat OK. He's a lucky guy to be alive.

Has he seen pictures of the car?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
we found out some drunks from a party wanted to beat him and and was chasing him down in the turbo diesel truck that was heavily modded and we found truck tire tread on his driver side door
That truck shouldn't be too difficult to find. I'm glad your friend lived.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Nicktcfcsb said:
At least it wrecked before it had crank walk
:uppoint:

I couldn't help but laugh at that.

That really is too bad that people pull that kind of crap. I'm glad to hear that he is at least improving. I hope he makes a full recovery.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
AEDM8 said:
Yeah that wing is pretty ugly. ;) Gods way of saying buy domestic I think.
And the fart pipe.

ljbryant22 said:
I can't tell what kind of car it was. Was it an eclipse?
Eagle Talon

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
That is awful they did something like that.

Why would they literally want to "Beat" your boyfriend? People can be so stupid, hopefully they pay for it in the worst way possible.

·
Registered
972 Posts
tbirdchick said:
from passenger side window, the shifter is lodged in 5th gear!

How do you know he was in 5th? The shaft that connects the shifter to the tranny could of been pushed back with a front end collision. Any paint of the other vehicle on it anywhere? Ive heard of cases to where they found of chip of paint, and a tire tread of the "hit and run car" and checked at tire places, and was able to find out who did it. They also check around at body shops.

Hope he gets better.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Was that a convertible? It looks like it was, but I can't tell. Hope your boyfriend's doing all right now, it's a miracle he lived through that. Looks like it was a nasty crash.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
jeez, hopefully he didn't get any permanent disabilities with the back injury from the accident, (broken vertibrates suck, i knew somebody who broke a couple before, and they never healed right,) he is really lucky to actually be able to walk after an accident like that, hopefully they catch the 'tards that wrecked him......later'z

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Unfortunately, all the DSM naysayers realize that talon was fast as heck, but they feel the need to insult it when someone's life was almost taken.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Reading comprehension is fun. What post picks on it for being a DSM. The only two posts mentioning DSM don't seem to be saying anything bad about it, and the two posts picking on the rice parts don't seem to be picking on DSM's. :zdunno:

I do hope he comes out okay and learns if, god forbid, there is a next time to call the cops and tell them what's going on long before losing control (been there, done that, only got stuck in a ditch luckily). Either that or lead the chasers to somewhere that has cops or security guards or lots of people.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
wow , glad to hear he survived. hey now you can convice him to buy a mn12! or a sherman tank!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts