TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '95 out last night and found another stock '95 out there. We raced a couple of times, and I really pulled him hard the first time, and then the second time, I pulled him by about 2-3 car lengths by the top end.

Then some beat up '92 or earlier 5-speed SuperCoupe came up and the '95 that I beat pulled him by a car and a half and put his flashers on. We came back around and as I was trying to pull even with the SC to race it on a roll, he revved and popped the clutch and took off early. That little jump he got at the beginning was the same by the end of the race and he wouldn't turn back around for a fair race. I would have spanked him bad. He essentially got a half a car head start, a 1-car jump due to popping the clutch at high revs, and 1/2 second or so due to him taking off first, and I was able to keep him in check the rest of the way down.

I am pretty happy about my stocker running like that. I'm looking for gears right now. I think I might have caught the SC from behind if I had the 3.73's last night. What do you think? What gears do the SC's have again? 3.27? l8 :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
nice... what times are you currently running? Do you have any mods done? If not, it sounds like a good runner to pull another stocker by that much... kudos

Watch out for those SC's though man... only things I did on my old 89 automatic SC was pull the intake silencer/went with dynomax superturbo mufflers and deleated the resonator (besides regular maintenence). I never got a chance to run it at a track, but the dude I sold it to cut I believe like a 15.1 with it.... and that was with like 135,000 miles lol. Then again, it could have been a factory freak too :tongue:

anyway (I'm rambling again lol)... nice bird you got there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SC_Steve said:
nice... what times are you currently running?
I don't know yet because I haven't taken it to the track. I don't think I will until I have at least the gears and duel exhaust in either. I had assumed that my car was in the mid-16's until last night.
Do you have any mods done? If not, it sounds like a good runner to pull another stocker by that much... kudos
I took out the air silencer and popped in a K&N panel filter. It also has a Fairbanks shift kit in it with B&M trans cooler, but that's it. The Check Engine light is constantly on, but it seems to be running good still. Thanks.
Watch out for those SC's though man... only things I did on my old 89 automatic SC was pull the intake silencer/went with dynomax superturbo mufflers and deleated the resonator (besides regular maintenence). I never got a chance to run it at a track, but the dude I sold it to cut I believe like a 15.1 with it.... and that was with like 135,000 miles lol. Then again, it could have been a factory freak too :tongue:
Oh yeah, I know. I wasn't gonna race that SC until I saw how easily the other '95 took him. Then I wanted a piece. haha Too bad he cheated though.
anyway (I'm rambling again lol)... nice bird you got there :thumbsup:
Thanks man. It's great to be able to share my experiences with other TBird owners.

P.S. - I was VERY close to purchasing some 3.73's today, but decided to do some more reading.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Street Racing is not leagle, since you have no times, you were street racing..

And since the "Racing" forum says " NO Street Racing Talk Allowed!" wouldn't you think the Misc Forum would be the same ?

so,. i go with the "GHEY" Thread Post..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WkStill said:
Street Racing is not leagle, since you have no times, you were street racing..

And since the "Racing" forum says " NO Street Racing Talk Allowed!" wouldn't you think the Misc Forum would be the same ?
No, because it says "Miscellaneous", which means any topic not covered by the other forums.
so,. i go with the "GHEY" Thread Post..
I suppose if you're "GHEY", then go right ahead with anything ghey, that's your choice and none of my business. :rolleyes:

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Its nice that your car is quicker then you thought but as stated in the Rules of the Land..............- Do not post any messages that are in violation of local, state or federal law.
Not against ya but alot of people read this, even the younger guys.I know if I read that I would go out and try it, if I was in that younger class.
Thanks,
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.