TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I know no-one has ever seen a blown head gasket and its aftermath on the Thunderbird Forum site Before so..... I wanna post some pictures for all to see. These are from my new, used, still immobile, needs a non-seized up tranny, 91 SC.
This is the head that had the bad gasket. Notice that the one valve that is dis-colored is the cylinder where the gasket failed.

Here is the coolant in the cylinders.......

Here is a shot of where the gasket actually failed..

This one is just disgusting. I believe it is what happens when antifreeze and oil try to get together.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
was that foamy stuff in the tops of both valve covers? I see that stuff all day when changing oil, and none of them have blown HG's. I think its just oil vapors in the crankcase that bild up overtime.

And the coolant in the cylinders came more from removing the head than it did from the blown hg, so thats nothing really to worry about, just soak it up with a paper towel.

-Thomas

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Thomas.
Yeah it was on both valve covers. Actually the oil was that color when I drained it. Is it normal to have that color stuff in the intercooler tubes? There wasn't any in the blower but in the tubes and in the intercooler.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The foamy "stuff' in the oil is just a mix of condensation and the detergents in the oil seperating. Usually happens more during the winter time do to the temperature outside.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You said you need a tranny. I have a fully working AOD with shift kit for sale dirt cheap. $100 pick up if you help me get it out of my car (needed engine rebuild). Might be too far out of your range, but i figured i'd offer.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
jayls5 said:
You said you need a tranny. I have a fully working AOD with shift kit for sale dirt cheap. $100 pick up if you help me get it out of my car (needed engine rebuild). Might be too far out of your range, but i figured i'd offer.

Which shift kit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts