TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page 61 of the new issue of car craft that came in the mail today. Shot of it from the front, so full of smoke that you can't even see me behind the wheel! I am so excited, I am pretty sure getting your car in a magazine is the peak of working with cars so I guess I can die a happy man now :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the actual picture for those that want to see it

·
Registered
515 Posts
wow, good stuff man congratulations

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Congratulations! Nice cloud of smoke.

Russell

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
TIP #12463 ON DOING STANDING BURNOUTS:

Always roll up your windows.

:D

-Thomas

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I hate you, too bad my subscription to Car Craft ended a while back, that would go up on the bedroom wall!

·
8,978 Posts
Is there a fleet of fame coming on? I think there should be.
-Thomas

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow congrats! What was the article about? Can you post the rest?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a picture, it was in the Car Craft Fall Nationals Event coverage. I believe it was the only picture of a car from the burnout contest that didn't either win or break something. It was an uncaptioned picture, just an MN-12 getting a little respect for its abilities :)

·
8,978 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
It was an uncaptioned picture, just an MN-12 getting a little respect for its abilities :)

What do you mean no caption? It clearly says Y...
-Thomas

·
Registered
493 Posts
hey!! Can you get a high-resolution (a few thousand by a few thousand pixels) of that? I sooo wanna print that on photo paper and hang it up :p

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't actually have a copy of the mag yet, someone on one of the local boards I read posted that picture. My subscription copy goes to my parents house. Do magazines usually hit newstands and mailboxes at the same time or is there some delay before you can buy them in stores?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
There is usually a couple of days delay between the when a mag hits the newstand versus when the subscribers get it. I guess they try to make the subscribers feel special by giving them a couple days to say they have it while everyone else has to wait for it to come out.

Russell

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ya gotta love the look of the '94 - '95's from the front, ...personally my favorite MN12. Way to go!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
yep I agree! Other than the headlights, hood and taillights (SC style) the 95s look better. I used to like the plastic across the sides untill I realized it doesn't even cover the rocker panels! 97s are VARY slick looking, but not as bad arse.

Jake

·
Registered
709 Posts
rule #1 is get a RWD car!
rule #2 you might actually want an auto
rule #3 turn off ABS??

well I don't really know... I'm just making this all up! But make sure your TC is healty too because my buddy has a 1995 4.6 and one day it just decided it doesn't want to do BT's anymore! It just revs up and sits there... what gives? I told him it might be the TC... but I don't really know for sure!

Jake

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They made you put the windows down, if you don't put the windows down, smoke will seep in anyway up through the wheel wells into the trunk and into the car. Need the windows down for ventilation so at least some fresh air is passing through. When I popped the trunk 10 minutes later a huge cloud of smoke came up.

You can do burnouts with ABS on, but that was with the wheels chocked up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts