TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODS: so Sorry to double post in general tech and drivetrain, but I really need help and need it fast, I need this car to get to work on monday. Please dont delete....

Well finally got my drivetrain swap complete, and had 2 major issues. The first is solved, my aftermarket fuel pump is wired opposite of the stock one. The one holding me up now has to do with my rear end/halfshafts. I got a new True-track 3.73 diff from someone on these boards.

My problem is that my car rolls in park! I have not yet started the engine and tried to put it in gear because I am worried I will destroy the halfshafts. Even more interesting, when the car rolls in park, the driveshaft does NOT move, it is locked by the transmission park pawl, or whatever it is called. Only the wheels/halfshafts turn, and turning the driveshaft turns the pinion gear but not the halfshart/tire assembly. Its like the diff is not turning the halfshafts, the halfshafts are just grinding around the sidegears. Not sure if anyone here is knowledgeable about the true-track system, cuz I am not, but I am in a huge bind here and need help. I would hate to put my stock diff in, especially with how much money I have burned on this rear end. I probably should have just gotten a junkyard trac-lock anyways, I hope the true-trac is not to aggressive for street use if I do get it working right.

Can anyone help me? I would appreciate it tremendously. Is there anyone that lives close to me that knows about this rear end system that could help me? I will make it worth your while!

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Sounds like a broken pinion gear.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Are the side gears 28 spline or 31 spline? Are your half shafts seated completely in the diff?

-Miller

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the halfshafts are properly seated. I believe the problem is a 31 spline carrier. The side gears seem ok, they just dont turn the pinion gear. Mods, you can delete this thread now, I got the answer I needed.....back to stock I go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts