TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Flip Chip from Lonnie last night and I went to put it in today. I took of my passenger-side kick panel, insulation, and all that good stuff. I noticed when I got to the Computer that I needed a socket that I didn't have. I called up a friend and told him that I would be coming by his house, but when I went to start up, I couldn't. I put the key in the ignition and turn and the car sounds like it's about to start normally and it turns over but never ignites.

I gave it a little gas and tried again. I gave it a lot of gas and tried again. I tried to start it with my remote start. I try to jump start it. I've tried to start the damn thing about 20 times with no success.

I know I didn't mess up anything with the computer because I barely touched it before I decided to go get the tools I needed. I went to AutoZone (haha) and the guy there told me that it might be because of frozen water in the gas line and that it just needs to get warm or warm up. I know this isn't the problem because my car was running not 10 minutes before, it was still hot.

Now I just don't know what to do. I need my car for school in the morning and work in the afternoon. I'm screwed. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
what was it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize that one of my buddies had loosened the 10mm bolt that holds the wire harness to the computer. He told me that the socket he was using was too big, because he didn't see the bolt coming out. Well come to find out, the bolt doesn't come all the way out and he has loosened it so that was the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts