TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks much better than the faded and oxidized color change paint for not a lot of cash. It's a polyurethane finish with a coat of clear over it. I waxed it after these pics with the normal turtle wax. Total cost: $898

The paint code is for a 2002 Nissan Xterra - called shock blue. Very reminiscent of the old grabber blue from the '70's, IMO.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
looks like you drove it out of vice city

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know about the badges. not a big deal to me though.

it's a Maaco job. This car will serve daily driver duties for me for another 3-4 years. The stock paint was junk after 10+ years in the AZ sun. I figure I'll keep it waxed and it'll look OK for a while. I saw no reason to sink $3500 worth of paint work into a $3500 car.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
looks like my buddys pink raised jeep wrangler, lol. It looks nice though. If you like the paint (dont get me wrong, its pretty cool, reminds me of my dads friend austin healey sprite) then go with it, its your car. Those V8 badges are fine, again its your car, i like it, so there:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
It looks like Fords ol' Grabber Blue to me. I'm surprised, but I like it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I like it. Why did it cost so much at Macco? I can get them to paint mine for like $300-$500. I'll probably do it myself though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bad93bird said:
I like it. Why did it cost so much at Macco? I can get them to paint mine for like $300-$500. I'll probably do it myself though.
I went with all the best stuff they had plus the clear. Plus, it has a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Ok that explains it. Still looks good. I'll have to see what they can come up with for me. I only paid $200 for my car. So anything more than that is worthless. I've put about $3000 into it though. Now something else will go wrong with it. Man.........!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Headlights

Not really fond of baby blue. Should have gone pure chrome plate....lol....

And your headlights look absolutely decrepid. Wet sand and polish em.. hat should help complete your look..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, the lights are bad. 11 years of Arizona sun takes it's toll.

BTW, it's not baby blue....it's darker than that! Think Grabber blue off a 1970 Mach I

·
RWD is for Men!!
236 Posts
Maaco rocks, i paid 950 on my old Lumina and it lasted the 2 years I had the car until I junked it. Looked good right up until the tow truck took it away.

·
Registered
850 Posts
thabulldog said:
Maaco rocks, i paid 950 on my old Lumina and it lasted the 2 years I had the car until I junked it. Looked good right up until the tow truck took it away.
The Maaco paint jobs are all different, obviously because they have different people doing it but you said yours looked great for the two years you had it, my friend got his painted at Maaco and after a month or so it started peeling everywhere.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
They didn't prepare the paint under the new paint properly. Need to take it back and have them do it all over again. I've seen it alot. They will have to strip the whole car and start over. He is lucky depending on where and which Macco did it. Some are jerks and some aren't. You have to prove it is there fault.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts