TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at 78k, been driving a lot less lately. I usedt od rive 200 miles a week, for the past 3 months its been about 75 a week. All the sudden my check engine light went on. never had any problems with the car. i have a 9" cone filter, underdrive pulleys bossch plugs and 8mm wires. The air intake always whsiteld, seems to be a bit louder since the check engine light went on. what should i do about this?! Im only 18 and have no experience with this sort of thing ... im scared!

thanks for your help
andrew

·
Registered
443 Posts
check engine light means one of the sensors is telling the eec to throw a code...get the codes read and come back with code...then we could help...but check for leaks in the intake in the meantime and if you have never cleaned your maf before (if your car has one) you could try that for the hell of it...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
if you can, find a friend that can hook you up to read the codes.. ford will want to charge you like $100 just to hook it up to get the codes read.

how's your gas mileage? did it go down once the code went on? if so, it's probably the O2 sensors, and they're relatively easy to replace, i've heard.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Autozone reads the codes for free...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts