TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Kansas City and I have recently visited a total of 12 exhaust and muffler shops. I described in detail what I wanted and even took in a picture of Mager Thom's Exhaust, as I want mine to be very similar to that. Here are the responses that I got. Of those 12, three said 2.25 in. dual piping couldn't possibly fit under the car, four refused to cut the 3rd cat, two insisted the picture I was showing them was of the flowmaster catback system(even though the pic has cats in it and its true duals), one said I wouldnt gain any horsepower by redoing the exhaust and then spent 5 minutes telling me that I should buy a "custom" superchip from him(I would get at least 30 hp from it, he said), one said he would have no problem doing it(although the price was a bit steep), and one fool told me all Thunderbirds came with a single outlet exhaust, and that I must already have a custom setup b/c I have the (factory)dual exhaust.

Is there something wrong with this picture? Geesh.....

Anyone know of a quality exhaust shop anywhere in the western half of Missouri or Eastern part of Kansas??!!

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Hopefully Jeremy will see this and respond...(kcbirdfan)...his exhaust is pretty nice on his Bird...not sure where he got it done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live way up North by 435 and 152 Hwy. I have a friend that lives down at 131st and Nall, though, so I'm down that way a bit when I'm home.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wow, sounds like you have some really idiots working down there. I'm kinda lucky to have two really, really good shops within 20 minutes of my place.

Thomas

·
Registered
391 Posts
See my sig for some crude pics of my true duals - they are 2" and my shop said I could have 2 1/2" if I wanted. It will fit, keep shopping around - someone has got to know their s*** in that town!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
someone has got to know their s*** in that town!
Well with just over a million people in the whole metro area, you would think so, wouldnt you? I've had better luck in my little college town of Springfield, MO, although still not exactly what I'm lookin for. I'm gonna keep on lookin though. Not every exhaust shop can be completely Thunderbird Ignorant/Incompentnet..... :zbash:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts