TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this cooler http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/4921-1.html Laying around for about 5 years. I had to buy it to get the warranty for the Monster box trans I put in my PSD SD. I had already put a cooler in the truck that was bigger than this one, so I had it laying around waiting for this day:D I figured it would work very well in the Cougar. Here's a couple of pics

I saw a post on here that had the cooler mounted very similar to mine it was about the only way one that big was going to fit. All in all it worked out pretty well and didn't cost me anything extra. And yes I know my power steering hose is kind of a mess right now( It's bent and almost kinked in one spot and none of the brackets are on the rubber posts to hold it) that's one of the next things I'm going to fix. Mike

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I have to say

OMG

Where you have that jacked up.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I thought mine was big. That thing is huge. Nice work. I mounted mine the same way except its a plate style cooler. I got the idea from Ron's "Trunk Monkey" car. At least I think it was his pics.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Yes it is the K member. Where do you jack yours up at?
The mount where the strut attaches to the frame.

But mostly freekin because there is no jackstands. I know this could be a temporary jacking and so on and so on but...

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
I thought mine was big. That thing is huge. Nice work. I mounted mine the same way except its a plate style cooler. I got the idea from Ron's "Trunk Monkey" car. At least I think it was his pics.
30th has his cooler like mine , Tm's is up higher due to the difference in the front end.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
hmmm, so is their still a PS cooler hidden up in their or did you bypass/ remove it for space?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
neat, sure hope it dose on my 95 as well. planning my own trucool install very soon as well as a complete powersteering rebuild. so i wasn't too worried if i had to remove it. though if i'm leaving it in, ill be cleaning it out real good, and running some bulk hose to it instead of those super expensive steel/rubber lines from ford >.>

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Thats a BIG cooler! Mine is around 1'x1'x1/2-3/4" and I thought it was good! It works great though hooked directly to the trans! When I get a double core radiator again, I will run it in series with the trans to coolant cooler. I think I am going to change my mounting so its more like yours. Mine is directly in front of the condenser using metal exhaust brackets, two holes drilled in the radiator support (dont hit the condenser!) and 1/4 bolts and speed nuts!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Without tearing the whole front apart that was about the only place I could put it. I did remove the bumper cover. My sons T-Bird had the mark viii cooler on it( It was broken in the accident) It was smaller than this but it sits at the same angle and hangs off the same bolts as the p.s. cooler.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts