TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, on my 94 4.6l engine something with the temp gauge was wrong today. The car temp goes on the N or the O of NORM but it never did that, it always stayed behind the N so something must be wrong with it. I unplugged the coolant temp sensor and the high fan came on and everything was normal so i stayed with that until my check engine light came on. So i thought that was the problem. I replaced that sensor and still the same problem. Do you guys know what could cause this minature overheating? I going to change the t-stat and water pump today but i dont wanna spend that money if i dont have to.

·
Registered
632 Posts
On my car, N and O are just fine.

When was the last time the coolant was changed?

I'd hold off on replacing the waterpump, but the thermostat is really cheap and easy to reaplace so you can do that.

Also, this is summertime, so if you have the automatic climate you could be running the AC more which will account for the temperature increase.

-Andrey

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
the check engine light came on because you unplugged the coolant temp sensor and the EEC saw the open circuit, not because the sensor was defective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts