TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my dad just asked me if I could afford this...

Stuff for my car... I never thought about that I wonder if I will... I basically need another 350 to get my tranny done up and installed... another 700ish for cams and valve springs.. then 150 to install them... then another dynotune along with 4 new tires.. think i can do this??? Paychecks every two weeks are around 550

with minual of 300 in bills a month.. I never thought about not having money.. ha thats kinda funny.. sry lol :D

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I dont know... can you add? Sorry, dont mean to be a jerk, but I'd like to introduce to you a concept commonly referred to as budgeting. Sir, I just hope for your sake that there arent any credit cards in your wallet.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
you can only go as fast as your wallett and bills will allow....crunch the numbers chief.

joseph
Werd. Just make sure you don't run yourself into a hole. A lot of good it would do to mod your car, just to have it taken away/sold, just to pay bills.

Taking what Joseph said into consideration, do I OWE someone some speed?? :D My bills are killing me right now, and I still haven't received any money to fix the damage to the bird. She'll just have to sit and wait, all alone, in the corner bay of my garage..... :(

Time for a second job!

Jay

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i honestly could afford anything I wanted.. i paid off my car in a year.. dont know how.. also pay for 2 car insurances and college loans and still able to afford ****.. I got 4 credit cards that are unused btw

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
KrAzyT said:
i honestly could afford anything I wanted...
Then why did you ask?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Do you still live at home w/ the 'rents? That could account for you good money flow and lack of bills. Heck, if all I had to pay for was a car, insurance, and bills of only $300 a month, I would be straight pimpin'. I make a hair over $1,400 a month on my own, not including what the wife makes, and it still isn't enough sometimes. Now that I have the house, and the garage space to work, I don't have the money to mod, lol... Murphy's law I guess :rolleyes:

Jay

·
Registered
811 Posts
:zbash: My wife and I make pretty damn good money, and try to put some away and still seem to be strapped at times. 3 spoiled kids and and "kind of" expensive life style is usually the cause. Budget it the key for us.
If I was to tell her that I was going to dump $1,300+ into my baby for fun she would straight woop my A$$. :eek: We are both Marines so her odds are pretty good :zbash: :D I need new tires, control arms, want to change the interior to black with Mark seats and misc sh!t, lets just say all of that went over like a fart in church. :D Give and take I guess.

If you have the cash go for it, other wise I say F-it something might come up and you may need the cash. :zdunno:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Not everyone is desparete to leave....I am living with my parents so I can save up $$$ for college.

·
Registered
744 Posts
the price of not living with my parents is well worth it. sure it sucks having to pay rent,etc. especially when i would love to dump that 5 grand into my car. and i'm proud to say that i moved of the house when i was 20, and have no intentions of ever moving back in.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well I like living at home, because the only bill I have is $10 a month for satellite radio service. My parents are very cool people and I have no problems with them, so I'm in no hurry to move. Plus, there's no garages in apartments. And my XBox is here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts