TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today, our family has decided that it is time to put my dog down. I'm having a really hard time letting go. For the last 15 years, the only good part about getting up in the morning was seeing him at the top of the stairs, excitedly wagging his tail, to greet me. His old age has taken away his bladder control, and he is becomming more of an inconvenience for my parents. By an inconvenience for my parents, I mean an inconvenience for my mom. My dad is a drunk *******. He hardly fits the bill for a caring father at all -- Definately not someone to take your strougles to when you need to talk something over. Instead, I would go outside and sit with my dog and talk things over with him. Even though he can't understand me, he always loved me unconditionally, and I needed that. Now that he's going to be gone, I don't really know how to react.

I'm not sure when we are going to have him put down, but I'm going to make sure I'm there to make him more comfortable when he passes. I'm going to drive him there in the front of the cougar too -- Even if it means we have to take two cars. It might be hard to believe, but I think the dog actually loved my car, too. He would always walk the extra distance to be next to the cougar as he walked into the house -- Even walking all the way around it when he could just go infront of it sometimes.

I'm sure as hell going to miss him. I'm not sure quite what I'm going to do, or how I'm going to deal with this. I think for now, I'll just thow money at the problem, and kick some mustang *** at the track for a while.

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
It really sucks it just takes time to heal I will say dont get another dog to replace him based on looks

I know it sounds strange but my girlfirends parents did that to replace their dog and the dog was the cutest thing in the picture and turned out to be a biter to say the least

Keep a picture of him in your wallet or in your car someplace or even better both
it just takes time to heal I have been there and done this situation on more then one occasion

The people I work with tease me why dont you work overtime I'm like I have to get home for my dogs theyre like why their just dogs
to me they are like my kids or an extension of my family

I would say a nice night out with Jack Daniels, a hot chick (or some beer goggles)
will take away the stress for a few also that mustangs thing but hell thats too easy its not much of a challenge to beat a mustang even easier a camaro - lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts