TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving last night at about 30MPH. I went to accelerate to get of the highway and then I heard a loud noise from under the car. I stopped and took at look under the car. I found that the driveshaft was broken in the middle on the shaft and that the rear differential mount bracket broke in half. Is there any reason why this may have happened. I don't think the new engine puts out that much power to break these parts.:confused:

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
which shaft did you have?

the MMC will snap in half if a line gets cut into it.. by say a fuel tank heatshield. just ask eric z. about it..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 93 Mark VIII aluminum driveshaft. I the car to suburban driveline and they told me that the rear differential mount broke. This caused the driveshaft to get cut in half. The bracket was either already weak or the bracket couldn't handle the power of the Mach 1 engine:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've cracked rear differential mount few years ago and I didn't even know about it until I took it off for a gear change . Here is a little picture what happened to my drive-shaft couple years ago at the track,it was a manual car that time.

Derek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts