TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thanx for those following with tons of help. My eec had been holding a few injectors open. I got a new(used) eec from a 95(in my 94)4.6L. The smokey gas smell had been eliminated, BUT.....
Engines still hesitating under load, and low rpm. I wonder what else could have been affected by all this gas passing through. Plugs are new, wires pass spark, all vacuum lines look good,
cleaned IAC and MAF,
reset computer, still runs ok cold, but when warm, it backfires at idle and falls on its face under load. If I stomp on it, it runs smooth above 2000rpm. crusing, it runs good, only misses under load. this is why i dont suspect clogged cats, or another restriction.
#1, what should the resistance be across each injector?

#2, can the o2 sensors be damaged by the excessive gas, what about the EGR, or dpfe? any other ideas?
Ill be getting a code reader this week, no cel since the reset tholugh.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Answer to #1, from the 1994 PC/ED manual:

The resistance across the injectors should be between 11.0-18.0 ohms.

#2 Maybe, I think (I'm not too knowledgable on this)...I know when I had a P0302 code, the PCM had shorted, keeping injector #2 "on" - when that occurred, I also read a code that indicated the oxygen sensor closes to the engine on the driver's side was indicating a rich condition. I replaced the sensor, and didn't have that problem anymore.

Other sources of hesitation are indicated in this flowchart. It's from the 1995 PC/ED manual, but it's the same as the 1994 procedure:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts