TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this work? I am getting a 91SC with a blown HG I will machine the heads and port then some then put a SRT4 front mount intercooler on. Make a alcohol injection system -20 degrees blue wiper fluid with a junk windshield wiper res and pump with a fogger on the end going into the intake before the supercharger thats activated by a 5psi switch. Follow that with a 10-15% pulley and then get a tune. The car already has an exhaust system with no cats and headers. Flush out the cooling system and put water wetter in it with 50/50. So am I crazy or might this actually work?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
This question would be better asked on www.SCCoA.com

Crazier things have been done to SC's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like you'd be on your way to being hooked on the SC and spending all your cash on them like the rest of the SC owners I know, including my self!!:D

But it is always fun to make these little V6s run like the ugly little step children they are... :mad:

RJ

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
will this work? I am getting a 91SC with a blown HG I will machine the heads and port then some then put a SRT4 front mount intercooler on. Make a alcohol injection system -20 degrees blue wiper fluid with a junk windshield wiper res and pump with a fogger on the end going into the intake before the supercharger thats activated by a 5psi switch. Follow that with a 10-15% pulley and then get a tune. The car already has an exhaust system with no cats and headers. Flush out the cooling system and put water wetter in it with 50/50. So am I crazy or might this actually work?
You don't really want to use the windsheild washer pump to spray the methanol injection. You need a much stronger pump that can operate at high pressure. It would also be better to inject after the supercharger and intercooler.

David

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
My idea was to use a window washer sprayer to spray cool water onto the intercooler at speed to reduce intake temperatures.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My idea was to use a window washer sprayer to spray cool water onto the intercooler at speed to reduce intake temperatures.
The problem with that is the corrosion factor. You also have to put alot of pressure behind that water to push it through the intercooler otherwise it will just bead up and start blocking the air off going through and you could end up with higher IAC's. It would have to be a very fine mist as well so it can evaporate alot faster to take the heat with it.

I'm sure if it was an effective solution, everyone would be doing it.

Fraser

·
Registered
798 Posts
The problem with that is the corrosion factor. You also have to put alot of pressure behind that water to push it through the intercooler otherwise it will just bead up and start blocking the air off going through and you could end up with higher IAC's. It would have to be a very fine mist as well so it can evaporate alot faster to take the heat with it.

I'm sure if it was an effective solution, everyone would be doing it.

Fraser
Actually it is a pretty effective solution..I've looked into it. The problem is finding a sprayer that will spray a FINE mist. Also, how exactly are you going to control it? Toggle switch? Thermistor?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't you want the spray before the sc because thats where all the heat comes from and right there while its being generated most of it will be gone also if sprayed into vacuum it will atomize better and scavenge from the reservoir in boost raising the line pressure?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Wouldn't you want the spray before the sc because thats where all the heat comes from and right there while its being generated most of it will be gone also if sprayed into vacuum it will atomize better and scavenge from the reservoir in boost raising the line pressure?
Some people spray before the supercharger because they have no choice (GTP, Lightning, Cobra ect ) I have hear of only one person spraying before the supercharger with an SC, and he used a dual nozzel with minimal spray to get a better seal on the rotor to case clearance, then used a second larger nozzel before the intake manifold.

Claims it added over a pound of boost. My concern would be keeping the mist in suspension thru the supercharger, upper IC tube, the intercooler, then uphill thru the lower IC tube and finally down into the intake manifold. Spraying before the IC also creates the possibility of puddling in the lower tank of the IC. It's not really a problem with the cars mentioned above, because the supercharger exhaust down straight into the intake manifold.

On an SC or other cars with similar tube and IC configuration, I think it makes more sense to let the IC do it's job and remove all the heat possible, then spray the methanol just prior to entering the intake manifold, like you would if using nitrous. That stuff you said about being sprayed into vacuum and scavanged from the reservoir isn't going to work like that.

David

PS: I'm using the Snow Performance system on both my cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts