TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, After viewing these forums for some time, I've finally decided to post something here, and unfortunately, it's not a pretty sight.
While out for an early morning cruise, I got carried away and took it up to 70 in a 45 zone... I guess i should have waited for the 55 zone before i started to speed, cause i fishtailed and flew off the road on the next bend. I took out a nice fence, which happened to be constructed of 10" thick posts, not good for sheet metal.
What do you guys think I should do with her? Liability insurance won't cover anything. Still drives though, runs great in fact :)

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Theres not much hope for that car, sorry. Just sell every working part and make a few bucks.

·
8,239 Posts
holy **** dude. That just shows how safe these cars are, look there is hardly any cabin entry.

'Till this day one of the safest cars on the road.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Damn, I ve seen body shops do miracles but that one is gone. Was a nice car though. Just sell the powertrain to make a few bucks then sell the rest to a wrecker.

·
Registered
293 Posts
if you have the option, there are guys here selling cars that need work. You have a excellent donar car there. You can always fix up a new car and then either sell the parts thats left (maybe even cover the cost of the other car) or junk the left overs. Boy, your little accident sure brings back memories...lol Sorry for your loss was a sharp car.
Good luck

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
woah!!! ok i'm shocked everytime i see an accident with an MN12 i'm impressed at how well these cars do and how well the occupant is protected. i hope i never have to see how well first hand......

if you want to part it out let me know how much for that reflector on the trunk.....PM me if you decide to.

·
Registered
507 Posts
holy ****!! how the he!! did u do that? ur lucky man, a little farther forward and u'd be in the hospital. sorry bud but ur car it totalled :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sucks, doesn't it? Well, gotta say the car was pretty sturdy, Only injuries I got was a few minor cuts from the glass flying at my face, and the air bag gave me a nice burn on my left arm.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
not too bad sounds like flying into the poll was the worst part... at least your ok.

·
Registered
60 Posts
goodguy said:
if you have the option, there are guys here selling cars that need work. You have a excellent donar car there. You can always fix up a new car and then either sell the parts thats left (maybe even cover the cost of the other car)
Excellent Idea if you have the room for both cars and if the neighbors/cops don't complain.

Chris Sr.

·
Registered
48 Posts
looks to me that it could use a good detail job...i would try to find a cat or a bird that needs a motor and swap it over. and keep it for parts or like they said part it out. ebay works good on parting out cars.. sorry bout the ride ,looked good!! darrell

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Part out the car, save all the money towards a new ride. By taking all the stuff apart, you will learn a lot about the car and how it works. Then sell the rest off to the salvage yard, buy a new mn12, and use your newfound knowledge to make the new one even better than the first. You'll get raped if you sell the car outright, parting it out will most likely give you the most cash in hand, which you need. Glad you're ok bud, good luck with all this!

-Joel

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
hehe. the taillights and the reflector have already been asked for now just for the rest of it, if you decide to part it out that is... not a bad start for something soo sad to see.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts