TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm crusing around town the other night in my 4.6 and I'm kinda in the mood for a race. Now, I'm not usually one to go around trying to get into a race! Infact I have had my new 4.6 Bird for over three months and this is the first time I ever raced anything on the street. Anyway, I see this kid driving a 1997ish 4 door Nissan Altima, It's an older boxier style than the Altimas now, and I'm pretty sure they don't have the 3.5, or any V6 option for that matter. This car looks stock other than a fart pipe and when I see that the driver is a punky kid I figure it's on. I rev at him and he looks at me and smiles! I hold my RPMs up a bit and when the light turns green I let er rip! My 3.27 posi rear end squels out a decent yell and I'm through the intersection before I realize he hasn't even left the light yet!!! I'm confussed? I guess he didn't want to race??? Then out of nowhere, BAAAHHHHHH! I hear his engine scream out loud. I'm still flooring it and I'm way pased the end of the intersection by now. In fact I probrobly already pulled throuh 1st gear! This guy is giving me a monster head start!!! WTF??? My buddy looks behind us and says "Holly crap he's gaining on us fast!" Man, I have it to the floor... and I had a HUGE lead... but I can hear him now... gaining hard, engine screaming! Next thing I know he passes me with ease, blows my doors off!!! I still have it to the floor and he is pulling away into the traffic ahead! "HOLLY ****!!!!" I yell out with such confusion! "What the hell was that??" My friend adds, then goes on "That thing was fast as hell!" I can't beleive what just happend! This older 4 door box just schooled me hardcore! I slow down as there is traffic ahead and he is still flying! In fact he barley has time to stop!

Wow, This thing caught up to me and passed me in no time at all, even with the huge lead he gave me! I'm still a little confused? Is this thing got a Turbo or something? Even if it was a fair race I was expecting it to be close at best... but this was no compatition at all!

Well guys, what do you think?? I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the import convention! Another V8 Killed by the high reving family sedan!

Jake

·
Registered
274 Posts
WOW you got owned! I know nothing about those cars except I do know not to race my stock 4.6L 95 Cougar. I think you should work on getting at least into the 14s before you go racing anymore. If the mark suffered a loss like that it I believe it would be time to reevaluate the mods.

Karl

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Street racing discussions are not allowed on the TCCoA forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.