TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh geez after seeing that it sounds horrible. yet very funny so i keep it.

so my fiance is looking at getting a 97 continental. after all my talking about all this stuff i have laying around our living room she is wondering what can be done with the 4v 4.6 in it, im not in the knowledge here, but can i swap intake parts/cams of a 96-98 cobra on there? does anyone know if the parts stall/gears/half-shafts for a SHO would be the same? i know this is so far out of subject for this site but i dont know where else to go. you guys are my plethora of performance information...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
just be prepared to put a transmission in it

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
build up a trans for it the 4v aready over powers the trans

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ X2

but yes any DOHC parts will work on the top end, but hood clearance will be a potential issue
build up a trans for it the 4v aready over powers the trans
yeah she gets all happy about the idea of a cowl hood... so that shouldnt be an issue, im gonna head over to the sho forums and see if the trans is the same, maybe i can get a fully built trans for a sho and just throw that in there, and lonnie probably has all the answers to my tuning needs... thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yeah she gets all happy about the idea of a cowl hood... so that shouldnt be an issue, im gonna head over to the sho forums and see if the trans is the same, maybe i can get a fully built trans for a sho and just throw that in there, and lonnie probably has all the answers to my tuning needs... thanks guys
haha that would be funny....the first cowl hood that goes left-to-right on a car, instead of front-to-back....lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha ha. that would look 'tarded. or ill cut holes in the hood. that seems to be fashionable these days on some of the badest cars

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oh and as for the title, they make creams for that ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so she says its a no on the big hole or the sideways hood scoop, she wants the hood scoop racecougar has, so thats cool those are easy to find as a taurus in a junk yard

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update: afer i took it for a spin before getting it i checked a few things, the oil has water in it. didnt want to mess with looking for the guilty part, head gasket cracked head or cracked block doesnt sound like a good place to start with a project car

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Wish she had made this decision a year ago. My dad had a 2000 Continental that was perfect. I think he ended up losing money on it. Sold for less than 8,000.

Anyway....

Oh yea, the hood Rod had on his cougar is NOT easy to find. He built that himself from scratch.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah but you can get a peice of fglass that looks like that cheap out of any car magazine and rivet it to the hood, paint it, and it would look similar. not early as good, but similar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts