• Mustang motor

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i got home the other day and my car started shaking and it stalled. when i checked the oil it looked like a milkshake...I dont know what that meant but i assumed eithr the heads are blown or the head gasket. WHAT DO I DO NOW. Id love to do a total motor swap but im in california and our smog laws are too strict for some shopping carts..Someone give me ideas.
[email protected]
What other mods will i have to do to the car if i go with a different motor???I dont know much about this stuff so im depending on you guys to help fix my bird's wings

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
actully its prolly the freeze plug behind the timing cover quite common problem later

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Talk to Lonnie Doll about the California emissions laws, you should be able to swap in a 99 GT motor fairly easily, same with the Explorer motor. Since you'd be changing intakes, you'd have to include the proper airbox and such, but as long as you meet the emissions equipment requirements for the motor, you shouldn't have too much hassle.

Key word is shouldn't...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I would take into consideration what RobertP said. While in the process of removing you heads, stop after removing the front cover and fill and pressurize the cooling system. You will be able to identify if the freeze plug is leaking. If it was just a freeze plug, I would spend the $1.50 to replace it with a brass one. Unless of course you are looking for an excuse to replace you engine, then go ahead!! :D Keep us posted on what u do!
-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts