TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to 3 shops today just to check out prices for the weekend exhaust work, 2 of the 3 said the only thing they can do is weld some flowmasters on? They said theres 2 outlets going into 1 pipe then back out, they said its a bad design on ford and that is the only performance thing i can do to the bird to make it loud. Hell I had flowmasters welded on my old bird and it sounded stock still. So what should i take in to google to get a actuall good shop in my area i type in muffler shop and all 3 of them was garbage.

·
Registered
164 Posts
look for any place that does exhaust work... I had a horrible time finding a shop as well. Taking a picture with you of a bird with true duels when you go seems to help. Ask people you know where they got theirs done. My boss last summer told me about a guy who did custom auto work. As it turns out, the guy did a great job bending the pipes, and was listed in the phone book as a tow shop. Ask around and take pictures with you, thats my best advice

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
wow hard to belive that there is know good exhaust shops around Raleigh ! I am from Winston-Salem NC we have a few around our area :)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
I live in Philly now, Was born and raised in WS . Sprague Street Muffer Shop does very good work. Sprague street in WS

·
Super Moderator
12,674 Posts
This one's a bit of a drive but if you live in the Western part of North Carolina, South Carolina or north Georgia they might be a good choice; they do amazing work. I plan on having them do my exhaust when I'm ready.

KevinM had true duals put on his car at Troy's Muffler shop in Anderson, SC.

They have a really cool website too. Check it out HERE oh, and turn your speakers on and up there's some really cool music on their home page!

http://troysmuffler.com/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woot i got the exhaust! THanks for the pics the guy first said hell no then i showed him and he did it. Thing is i had to use flow master cause he didnt have magnaflows in stock and he didnt want to fabricate a X pipe cause he could order one for 30 bucks but beggars cant be choosy especially one who never has any days off.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Often exhaust shops are the last place that will touch your converters, as they know they are being monitored much more closely. A chassis shop ended up doing mine since they deal with pipes and welding.

·
Super Moderator
12,674 Posts
Woot i got the exhaust! THanks for the pics the guy first said hell no then i showed him and he did it. Thing is i had to use flow master cause he didnt have magnaflows in stock and he didnt want to fabricate a X pipe cause he could order one for 30 bucks but beggars cant be choosy especially one who never has any days off.
Are you talking about KevinM's pictures?

Yea, that is a sweet set up!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kevins setup looks sweet. I am ordering two spun hi-flow cats and a magnaflow di/do muffler. I plan to take a pic of Kevins and have them run the pipes the same way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts