TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needs front tires, hydraulics, brakes and an alternator conversion. I just rebuilt the entire fuel delivery system and got her running.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice, those 8N's are indestructible. You may have some repairs to do but it looks like you have fairly new back tires. I remember when I was a kid I had to brush-hog part of the bottom pasture and the float was sticking on the carb but had no time to fix it at the moment. Every time it started to die on me in the field I would tap it with a ball-peen hammer and away we went!

I hope the hydraulic issue is an easy fix and you don't have to split it apart...no fun.

Nice find.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree!! 8N's are fun little tractors and hard to break! My grandpa had several of them when i was younger... he also had a couple 9N's and a Golden Jubilee!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Uhhhhh...whats up with that front wheel/tire?

SWS

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, those 8N's are indestructible. You may have some repairs to do but it looks like you have fairly new back tires. I remember when I was a kid I had to brush-hog part of the bottom pasture and the float was sticking on the carb but had no time to fix it at the moment. Every time it started to die on me in the field I would tap it with a ball-peen hammer and away we went!

I hope the hydraulic issue is an easy fix and you don't have to split it apart...no fun.

Nice find.
Yeah, I found it in my Dad's chicken house where it has been sitting for five years. :) I've been meaning to get it running for a while just finally went ahead and did it.
The hydraulics have never been 100% but now they are completely dead. I have a feeling I will be doing an overhaul of them; I already bought an instructional DVD
The tractor has been in the family since we bought the farm in 1979. We quit raising chickens in the mid 90's so the tractor hasn't seen much use.

Uhhhhh...whats up with that front wheel/tire?
The front tires are dry rotted. That tire is so bad it doesn't hold air so I took it off. I leaned it up against the hub for the photo.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
pretty cool.

I have a 53 golden jubilee myself....damn good tractor's.

I also have a 40's model(I believe) Internation Harvestor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts