TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to No Problem Raceway this past wednesday. ran from 6pm-745pm temps were above 85 or so. These were my results....

First set

Second set

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The ever elusive 14s. At least you're a lot closer than me. With this altitude up here in utah, I have a full 3 seconds to cut off of my 4.6. :-\

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
All that means is you HAVE to go to the track again this year :D
I had that same problem in 01', running 15.0's. Kind of sucks, but atleast you know it should be able to get a 14.

What type of tires are you running? Looks like some sort of drag radial based on 2.1 60fts.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaron_T said:
All that means is you HAVE to go to the track again this year :D
I had that same problem in 01', running 15.0's. Kind of sucks, but atleast you know it should be able to get a 14.

What type of tires are you running? Looks like some sort of drag radial based on 2.1 60fts.

Good luck :)
:D Tires ... what tires? You must mean those 3mm thick rubber bands i have back there?Drag radials, farest thing from it, i do launch at 1800rpm. Just some wore out, el cheapo 225/60/16 street tires. Im pretty sure once if the temp/humidity was better, better tires, true duals, and definitely a SCT chip, id be well into the high 14s. But i definitely cant afford any of that right now. So once the temps drop im hoping to break 14s. Im just glad im running consistant, minus the first few runs that i didnt go aroudn the water trap.

My friend with car #383 which if i would've scanned the whole slips, shows times from 15.055-16.015. The car is a 89 CRX with the "Frankenstein" vtec swap. 10.1 compression, 5speed, vtec. On top end it leaves me, but he cant get out the whole like i can, gotta love the 2800 stall.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Damn, bet it would be great running there in December or January. 12 Feet above sea level. You got it made there pal.

Good air, traction and all it should really pull good numbers.

Good luck in your quest for the 14's. It won't be long.:)

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
damn 15.0's. i've been stuck at 15.008 since last october. only been to the track once this year though. with the stuff i got goin in the bird in the next couple of weeks, i'm hoping to just skip 14's all together.

Frank

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
damn 15.0's. i've been stuck at 15.008 since last october. only been to the track once this year though. with the stuff i got goin in the bird in the next couple of weeks, i'm hoping to just skip 14's all together.

Frank
Mind sharing your mods and what not to other fellow 96/97ers?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:

Mind sharing your mods and what not to other fellow 96/97ers?
K&N 7" cone filter w/ heatshield & removed silencer
Removed mufflers
Steeda Underdrive pullies
J-mod
Apten Chip w/ 22c's and 180* tstat

this got me to [email protected] last october

i then added a pi intake this spring and the one time i went to the track this year i ran 15.0's consistently and actually matched my best of 15.008 but with a better mph ([email protected]). after this i sold the k&n, heatshield, and chip.

current mods list:
densecharger cai w/ 00 gt intake tube
steeda underdrive pullies
jmod
removed mufflers
pi intake

mods sitting on my bedroom floor:
4.10 ford gears
zex dry nitrous kit w/ purge and bottle heater
sct chip (this is en route to me now)
frpp wires & 12c plugs
steeda polyurethane irs bushings

Frank

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
ITT-BIRD said:

:D Tires ... what tires? You must mean those 3mm thick rubber bands i have back there?Drag radials, farest thing from it, i do launch at 1800rpm. Just some wore out, el cheapo 225/60/16 street tires. Im pretty sure once if the temp/humidity was better, better tires, true duals, and definitely a SCT chip, id be well into the high 14s. But i definitely cant afford any of that right now. So once the temps drop im hoping to break 14s. Im just glad im running consistant, minus the first few runs that i didnt go aroudn the water trap.

Quickest solution then, get some fargin drag radials or MT's then you'd be there :D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scottkornhaus said:
Or you could be like me, and just remove your back seat and passenger seat. That will get you to the 14's!!! :D

-Kornhaus
Thanks for the motivation guys.

As for extra weight... i did remove about 70lbs of speakers/box/amp, tons of unnecessary tools, cleaning stuffs, paintball gun/supplies. If i wanted to, i could remove my trailer reciever. .... and left the 2 car seats in also... unoccupied:D (although my 3yr old loves to hear the exhaust.)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
He doesn't need drag radials. He's cutting 2.1's on street tires, so he's obviously hooking up. For 90.5 - 91.5mph, the 1/4 time is right where it should be.

What do you mean by PI powered? Intake...Cams.... Heads? Or whole motor?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jack K said:
He doesn't need drag radials. He's cutting 2.1's on street tires, so he's obviously hooking up. For 90.5 - 91.5mph, the 1/4 time is right where it should be.

What do you mean by PI powered? Intake...Cams.... Heads? Or whole motor?
Whole motor... '02 exploder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts