TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I bet most are. After calling Dan Newman today to get some parts to redo my JMod, out of curiosity I called my local stealership. The parts I needed from Dan came up to $23.66. I called Billingsley Ford in Lawton, OK, and gave them the part numbers I needed to ensure that I was getting prices on the same parts, and their quote was $53.45.

For all of you that don't think the member's discount is worth the money, take a look at this one purchase, saved $30 right there.

Just for the record, they were charging OVER msrp for the parts, and I asked Dan about it, he said that it was common for stealerships to do that, and he has fought that everywhere he's been. I haven't ordered any parts from any dealership except Joe Cooper Ford, and I never will, just because of the honesty and hard work that Dan has put into his program. I thank God everyday that people like Dan Newman exist and are willing to stand up to the powers that be for us little guys....rant over.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he doesn't post on here, but he is the preferred vendor for Ford parts for TCCoA. I think many people on here would agree with me when I say I'll never order a part from anyone else but Dan. His number is 1-800-266-6049.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ZackG said:
yeah.. every stealership i called told me that 12c plugs were not a ford part #. So when I got them off Dan I marched down there and said some smart *ss comment.
not a part number? jeez i had one guy tell me they dont exist...went to another dealership that gives me decent prices and they asked if it was a certain guy then laughed....

joseph

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I looked up list price on the parts I needed, and they listed at 31.55, Billingsly Ford quoted me 53.45, so I called Mr. Billingsly's office and filed a complaint, they are supposed to call me back, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That's why I go to Hilbish Ford in Kannapolis. Bob has always been super helpful, and his prices are right there with Dan's.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ok , so what was the prefix on the plugs? 12c is only the last part of the numbers. and i always give people a good price on ford parts , one thing you need to remember msrp is excatly that. suggested!. i dont do that to walk in customers though its mean. some of the prices are outragous to begin with.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Just received my new e-brake cable assembly from Dan at Joe Cooper Ford.

I ordered this yesterday, and it came in direct from their 'warehouse'.

My local Ford Dealer can't even do that.........lol

Plus, I saved about $15 on the part, even when you figure in shipping.

And yes, Dan is a great guy to deal with !

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, after talking to Mr. Billingsly himself, he said they use Matrix pricing, and all the dealerships around here do that, and started naming dealerships, when he came to Joe Cooper Ford, where Dan works, I had to stop him and tell him where he was trying to blow smoke. Well, after about 10 minutes more conversation, and him trying to tell me that Dan Newman was not the Parts Manager at Joe Cooper, he finally told me that he would give me the parts for list. I told him to forget it, I would never give my business to a dealership that I had to talk to the owner to get the right price on parts. I told him that I would rather drive an hour and a half to Joe Cooper Ford and buy all my parts from Dan Newman.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, my car was bought from Hilbish Ford......They took care of me pretty good, got me a good deal on my financing. If you can't figure it out yet, I lived in NC for 5 years, and have seen my fair share of the Rock:)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Mark McCormack said:
Lets also not forget Max at Five Star as he has always treated members very well.

Mark
Thanks for pointing that out Mark :)
I am sure Max will appreciate that as well.

Now as for normal dealerships, they just rape you here. The "main" one here said that the 12C plugs don't exist as well. Ended up saying they were for a flex-fuel Taurus then they showed up. I went to another dealer and they did list them (by part number), but I paid almost $6 a piece.
I also was told that a Thunderbird drain cock would not be the same as say a Mustang or Taurus etc... the guy told me no car has the same one. I tried telling him, but he said I didn't know what I was talking about. Went to an auto supply store - 79&up Fords all the friggin same. Man, I was so cloe to going back down there and giving him and his manager a piece of my mind.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
aaron, you have to remember , not all parts guys can see past the catalog! i have co workers that way. even though they have different pn they might be the excat same or very close, but as long as they thread in and seal , why they need numerus numbers is beyond me. i dont know if there is anyother fellow parts guys out there but latley ford has been making the job tougher! its harder to figure out the new catalogs with the lack of training on fords part and lack of information on fords part. oh btw when ever i had quoted anyone from here prices it was somewhere in the 30% off msrp range, which is better than i give some of my wholesale shops.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thru dealing with anybody who has to look something up on a computer, if its not in the computer it does not exsite. :rolleyes:

And my lord, if you act like you know anything about your car they blow you off. :zbash:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Yeah one of the local dealers at home wanted $5 a quart for Mercon V! LOL needless to say i dont go there.... I have one dealer where i can get stuff locally at a decent price, and if at all possible i deal with Dan Newman.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I should have rephrased that JK89cat. The fact that they couldn't find it didn't upset me.What pissed me off that time was I wen tin and talked to a guy name Kirby. Always been cool when I went in there, but he couldn't find it No biggie, I thought maybe I ha the p/n wrong. So after I found them elsewhere, I went back in to check prices. I talk to someone nmed John, and he couldn't find it either. I tiold him to check for a flex-fuel Taurus. So he found them, but he started clowing on Kirby for not finding, acting like he was stupid or something.
this guy John was the same guy who said no vehicle uses the same drain cock.

Oh, $5 is what I have to pay for Mercon V. It got kind of expensive when my tranny was messed up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts