TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I locked my keys in the car yesterday at work, and a cop that was eating there when i got off was nice and got them out. He used a slim jim on the out side over my door handle. Well this morning i tried to unlock my car from the outside on that door and it wont work. The inside unlocks when you pull the handle, or use the power buttons, or even when you pull up on the lock. But nothing from the outside. When pull the handle, it still turns the lights in onside. But when i turn the key, it feels something like a looser fell then my opsite door. Anyone know what it could be and/or how to get the door handle assembly off so I could take a look at it?:confused:

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I had a similiar probelm once with a '77 lincoln I had (after I tried to jimmy it myself). If I remember correctly, all that happened, was a plastic clip that held an arm that went from the actual lock to the key mechanism thingy had broken, I just had to replace it. I dont know if thats your problem here or not, and whether or not its as easily fixable, but it sounds rather similiar

·
Registered
62 Posts
This very thing happened to me!!

I had the exact same symptoms after a "slimjim" was used on my driver side door. What I discovered was the "slimjim" had bent the linkage rod inside the door. I used a clothes hanger wire to pull on the rod to bend it back. Look inside your door and see if the rod is bent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts