1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
817 Posts
i like the twin motor railster. it has alot of detail. and the 65 body work is absolutely flawless.

but dude, you need better pics of the truck, yours bring out all the dust flakes or something. :D

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I like it. I really like how you made it look like it's already been 4xing with all the mud splattered about :cool

Ok, I was looking at the last picture, and a buddy here at work came up and asked me if I was buying it. I was like "no......", but he said yea I was and that I was just looking at it a minute ago. He didn't realize it was a model :rofl:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I think I entered in the wrong month.. I've seen ALL those cars/or know the people who built them..

(The guy with that 65 Mustang beat me by one position [I think, I'm not quite sure, either that, or it was VERY close] in an international contest.. )

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Damn man, the simulated chipped paint underneath from the front tires and the simulater chipped paint with rust under the hood, that stuff looks real good. Nice work.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I was looking through the entry book for this year's county fair, and there's a category for model cars and trucks, so I figured I'd finally put together my Revell '92 Super Coupe. Anyone have any tips on making them look really good? I know a bunch of you guys have done this model, can you post some pics?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FastBird232 said:
I was looking through the entry book for this year's county fair, and there's a category for model cars and trucks, so I figured I'd finally put together my Revell '92 Super Coupe. Anyone have any tips on making them look really good? I know a bunch of you guys have done this model, can you post some pics?
Here's my tips:
-Use automotive grade paints. Dont use Testors spray paint. Its crap. I use Dupli-Color laquer rattle cans. The real "pros" use paint guns, and use HOK Paints (REALLY F-ING Expensive). You can pick up Dupli-Color at Wal-Mart. For prep, I normally LIGHTLY sand the body with 320 dry sanding before ANY Paint. Then I apply Dupi-Color Laquer Filler Primer. Then I apply various coats of paint. Then I apply Dupli-Color Clear Coat Laquer. After its dried thoroughly, wet sand it with 1000 grit, untill ALL orange peel is gone, then apply 2-3 coats of 3M Rubbing Compound. After that, apply 1-2 coats of Mothers (Maybe Zaino???) wax..

-Get rid of "mold lines" before painting. What are mold lines? Tiny lines of plastic where the mold's joined. Basically, you'll see lines where there anrent supposed to be any, get rid of 'em

Check out these link for MORE help..
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=215864
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63623

And here are some pics of my SC model..

Turbocharged 5.0L Cougar anyone??

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
1) Do you spray paint all the parts?
2) I asked this in your other thread about offering to build models of real 'birds, but how could I build/find a 3.8 N/A intake, and subsequently LXify an SC model? Not to take away your business, I've just been wondering this ever since I bought this off eBay...
3) Is there a point where too much paint will hide the body lines molded onto the car?
4) Did you hit any difficult parts building the SC model?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spray primer EVERYTHING. I spray painted the body, bumpers, frame, and the interior. Everything else I used Testors Acrylic Brush Paint

No one I know offers parts to build LX parts. You'll have to custom build 'em..

Yes.

Yes. The front and rear suspension. The rear suspension ride height is wrong, and it can look "crooked" (wheels not lined up in fenders) The front suspension can give different off-sets and funny cambers.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ok, picked up the '92 Cougar XR-7 Lowrider 3 'n 1 Revell kit so I can whittle a 5.0 intake into a N/A 3.8 intake. Has anyone already done this?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Damn dude, yours does look the best

1 - 15 of 15 Posts