TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok, so I am a sellout. As those of you know who read my last thread, my T-Bird was rearended at one of our makeshift 4 way stops do to the continual power outages after the storm. It was deemed a total loss so here's what I got.

A 2003 Honda Accord with 27,000 miles and a warranty

Yeah yeah yeah I know Honduh, not enough torque to tighten your lug nuts and you have a 2 liter coke at home...

When the dealer told me he had a honda I said "just keep on walking", however after seeing it I changed my mind for the following reasons:
1. They hold their value
2. They are reliable
3. The gas mileage (34 highway m.p.g. actual, don't know city yet)
4. I learned it is hard trying to make a hot rod out of your daily driver

Mine is the 2 door coupe black with blue flakes in the paint EX model. Black leather interior with brushed aluminum trim. 24-valve 3.0 liter V6 240 hp, 212 lb-ft vtec that redlines at 6,750 rpm with a 5 speed auto and traction control. 6 disc c.d. changer, dual climate controls, heated 8 way adjustable and lumbar support seats. Vented disc brakes with ABS. Tilting, sliding moonroof. Front and side curtain airbags, etc. etc. etc.

The good news is since I hate ricers so much, it will prohibit me from doing any exterior mods and the interior is too nice to screw with. Windows are already tinted so maybe some wheels, tires, and suspension but I am really thinking about keeping it all stock.

It is tight in the corners, unlike my Bird with 12 year old suspension parts and it is fun to feel the vtec come to life around 5000 rpm when the 94-95 Birds seem to die off. I almost forgot how good it feels to see the road at night clearly instead of through the yellowed 94 lights. All that being said, I do still cringe to look at my key and see that damn H.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
hey john, nothing wrong with a honda. i picked up my rsx for the same reasons you did. i feel the same way you do about modding the exterior. im even afraid to mod the exhaust. its got 15k on it now, and it had 12k on it when i bought it back in october. are you keeping the bird? how bad was the damage?

·
Registered
871 Posts
My brother has a 04 4 banger, but its still a quick little car.
Not too bad of a choice ;)
Got any pics?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
big mike said:
hey john, nothing wrong with a honda. i picked up my rsx for the same reasons you did. i feel the same way you do about modding the exterior. im even afraid to mod the exhaust. its got 15k on it now, and it had 12k on it when i bought it back in october. are you keeping the bird? how bad was the damage?
I didn't keep the car. There were a few parts I would have liked to grab and atleast give to a fellower TCCoAer like the calipers, RichardM Tube, etc., but at the time it finally got resolved I was leaving out of the country. Plue with still dealing with F.E.M.A. (Fix Everything My A**), work, etc. just didn't need another thing on the plate.

I got rearended which destroyed the trunk, spoiler, tailights, cornerlights, bumper, etc., but it also was enough to crease in both of the quarterpanels and on this unibody car that was the final nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carlover007 said:
My brother has a 04 4 banger, but its still a quick little car.
Not too bad of a choice ;)
Got any pics?
Don't have any pics of mine, but it is similar to this one on ebay, only my color is black, I have the black leather interior, and instead of woodgrain I have the brushed aluminum...ok, so maybe not really similar but you get the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts