TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in the Ford Racing catalog that Jason from Ford Parts Counter gave me. It just slips right on over the plastic oil cap. I think it looks awesome!! Part # M-6766-MP46A, retail is $52.95, I got mine for about 45 bucks. A little on the high side, but this thing is heavy, and a quality piece.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I like that :)Was thinking of getting one myself but a bit on the high side for me for a cover.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that :)Was thinking of getting one myself but a bit on the high side for me for a cover.
I hear ya...it's heavy though (prolly weighs a half pound), and looks about a hundred times better than the stock plastic cap. If I get in a pinch and I need a weapon, I can always throw it at someone!! That would HURT!!

·
̇
3,702 Posts
SuperCoupe said:
I found this in the Ford Racing catalog that Jason from Ford Parts Counter gave me. It just slips right on over the plastic oil cap. I think it looks awesome!! Part # M-6766-MP46A, retail is $52.95, I got mine for about 45 bucks. A little on the high side, but this thing is heavy, and a quality piece.
:thumbsup:

What are your plans for the engine bay?..Do you plan on dressing it all up nice to match that cap, and cai?

Rayo..

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

What are your plans for the engine bay?..Do you plan on dressing it all up nice to match that cap, and cai?

Rayo..
That MAC CAI is coming out in favor of something "straighter" so to speak, Rayo
I have a late model rectangular port blower, and port matched inlet plenum with literally less than 10 miles on it on the way, along with a 75mm BBK SC specific TB, MP CAI, 78mm C&L MAF, late model fuel rail, 42lb injectors, BBK FPR/gauge, Griffin radiator, double IC, and while I'm installing all that, I figure I'll do head gaskets,and ARP studs, plugs, taylor red wires, MP raised top, and my chip from Dave arrived today. I'm on vacation next week, so I'm hoping everything arrives in time. Just waiting for the fel-pro MLS hg gaskets, and hg gasket kit, and blower set up. Gotta have my heads resurfaced as well. I think that's about it! Just wish I had a parts cleaning tub. I have a few odds and ends to take care of as well. Wanna visit RI and help a brother out? Lol :beek::beek:
I've never done hg's on an SC before....it looks like a daunting task due to all the stuff that has to come off, but I'll be taking pics, and doing my best to catalog where everything goes back. I have a shop manual as well as a Haynes, so that should help out if I get stuck.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
HGs on a SC anit that bad IMO the only bad thing is sealing the IC tubes.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet !

Jeff,

Does that fit over any oil cap?

Joe
If its shaped like that it should. It says it's for a 4.6 anyway. Doesn't make sense they'd make different sizes in that shape. It didn't say it would fit on my SC, but it does perfectly.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
That MAC CAI is coming out in favor of something "straighter" so to speak, Rayo
I have a late model rectangular port blower, and port matched inlet plenum with literally less than 10 miles on it on the way, along with a 75mm BBK SC specific TB, MP CAI, 78mm C&L MAF, late model fuel rail, 42lb injectors, BBK FPR/gauge, Griffin radiator, double IC, and while I'm installing all that, I figure I'll do head gaskets,and ARP studs, plugs, taylor red wires, MP raised top, and my chip from Dave arrived today. I'm on vacation next week, so I'm hoping everything arrives in time. Just waiting for the fel-pro MLS hg gaskets, and hg gasket kit, and blower set up. Gotta have my heads resurfaced as well. I think that's about it! Just wish I had a parts cleaning tub. I have a few odds and ends to take care of as well. Wanna visit RI and help a brother out? Lol :beek::beek:
I've never done hg's on an SC before....it looks like a daunting task due to all the stuff that has to come off, but I'll be taking pics, and doing my best to catalog where everything goes back. I have a shop manual as well as a Haynes, so that should help out if I get stuck.
Oh wow!

You got your hands full..Looks like you got a case of "while I'm in there I might as well do this too"..lol

You gotta watch that stuff..You could find yourself without a car for a few years doing those "while I'm in there I might as well do this too" mods.. :D

If you were closer I could help..On the bright side..You know where to go if you run into any issues..

I know what you mean about that parts cleaner tub too..I can't count how many times I could have used one of those..

Berryman's got a 5 gallon parts cleaner pail you can buy..I haven't used the 5 gallon pail, but the 1 gallon works good for smaller things..

I've seen them at AutoZone, and O'reilly's..

Have Fun!

Rayo..

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rayo....gonna look into that pail! Was looking at 2 parts cleaner tubs at harbor frieight. They have a small plastic one, and a bigger metal one. Not too expensive, but just one of those "where will I put it when I'm not using it" kind of things

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=parts+washer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts