TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 6 weeks I have been looking for a job. Sears fired me b/c I showed up late a total of 6 times this year, and they said that it is too much and said bye. It did not matter that I was leading in sales, or was the best at selling water heater/softners to people, no that does not matter to them. Anyway, I was without a job for the past 6 weeks with no response until last Friday. Target gave my a seasonal job. I was happy, but needed a little more than seasonal to make it through school next semester. Well anyway, Advanced Auto interviewed me, and gave me a non-seasonal part time job, exactly what I wanted. So me, a guy that all I do is spend time with my girl, and under the hood of cars has got a job at a autoparts store. Oh, and I would not recommend anything but hand tools from Sears.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sweet advance is a cool place to work. My best friend works at one near here, i was thinkin about tryin to get a job there as well. But i think i wanna keep tryin for an internship or soemthing related to what im doing in college for the experience.

Greg

·
Registered
589 Posts
You can't knock Sears for firing you for being late 6 times, who wants unreliable people. Espeacially as a part time employee, there are always more out there want a job. But congratulations on the Advance Auto job...

Preston

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not nocking Sears cause they fired me. They had every reason to do it. I am just saying the only thing that is worth buying is the hand tools. The rest of the crap they usually will not stand behind. Oh, and only the mechanic tools are made in America. The rest are made in china, or taiwan. All of it made by other companies like Black and Decker, Ryobi, ect. Just look on the lables of everything, it says it on the lable.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
it took me two months to find a job out here (grand rapids, mi). I went from working two jobs 60+ hours a week to nothing with only 1200 in my pocket. not to mention it was hard breaking the spending cycle i was used to and easily able to do before i moved across the state. needless to say the money went quick, especially when i pay 345 a month for rent, another 60 for my cell phone, another 25 - 35 in utilities, not too mention now i go through about 3 or 4 tanks of gas a week. yea, money sucks, especially when you dont got it. -greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts