TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go here for a slideshow thing
(i was bored, and decided to D/l a MS powertool :tongue: )

Well it's a '96, Green on Grey (duh)
Hmm i think i may have all the options 'cpet for full leather?
it does have a factory CD-player, not shown

and it does have some nice issues.. Tranny and something up in the cooling system... Also a few other minor things, which i started to fix already.. still needs some TLC in that department
other wise the car is in VERY good shape for a 9 year old car..

Edit:
Heh the funny thing is.. I didnt' by it at the dealership that those pictures where taken.. i got it at another one, for $2000 less.. down side, i'll be putting that $$ back into it to get it running right :mad:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice car... looks clean.

If you don't mind me asking, what were they asking if you got it for $2000k less!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Black_97_LX said:
Nice car... looks clean.

If you don't mind me asking, what were they asking if you got it for $2000k less!
Well $8000cdn, and i got it for $6000cdn..
BUT that $2000cdn i saved is gonna go into a Fully rebuilt '98+ 4R NOW i have to think.. how much more would it be for him to install a M8 Flexplate and TC and do a J-mod (which he says he has no problems doing)

And those Seats are factory, weirdly.. the pattern is questionable, but not BAD.. I *MAY* replace the front seats with recovered SC seats w/heat..
Also i have never really seen the cloth pattern like that on a MN12.. but ever since i first seen this car.. i see more and more MN12s with it :confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
91 XR7 said:
And those Seats are factory, weirdly.. the pattern is questionable, but not BAD.. I *MAY* replace the front seats with recovered SC seats w/heat..
Also i have never really seen the cloth pattern like that on a MN12.. but ever since i first seen this car.. i see more and more MN12s with it :confused:

its like after you buy any thing car related i think.Yeah kinda girly maybe but still cool and differnt none the less. Very nice and clean car you got

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
Those are the seats for a Cougar, the back seat sits up higher than a Tbird too, I think they have a bit more padding, they look it anyway. Nice clean lower miles car, congrats!

·
Registered
205 Posts
if you do get differnt seats how much you want for them if you would sell them? if your not to far away that is,id hate to pay shipping on something that big :)

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
i noticed the speedo is in kilometers instead...(well it still has the mph but in the smaller yellow #s) i just thought it was weird plus you can fool some people with that...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh yah...it's a Canadian car.. so it is in Kilometers :) So basiclly it translates intoabout 72,000miles on it.. not too bad for a 9 year old car thou specially when I bought my '91 when it was 6 years old with 136,000kms (@85K Miles) on it..

Well the seats.. I have no idea they'll be VERY expensive to ship anywhere since i'm up in canada.. even thou at work we have MANY shipping companies that go down to the states (we deal with the US the most.. i dought it'll be all the feesable..
Also i have no idea if i'm gonna keep it.. SO far 4 people say i should fight for my money back, cuase of the issues it has...

·
Registered
205 Posts
ah yes canada, yeah probaly not the cheapest place to ship from to me lol. Well good luck in what ever direction youi decide to go with the cougar

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Nice, very nice! :D

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ahhh so THAT why it has so many issues.. it was you!! ;) J/k

When i first saw it as richport.. it had no CEL or tranny issues.. :confused: But i knew they where asking WAY WAY too much for it.. and they just wouldn't go down... do i walked
But i had a funny feeling that it was returned becuase of the issues it has right now... ;) thank god for richmond automalls 30 day money back thing :)

Right now it's having a `different' tranny put into it ( who knows what that means ) VIA the dealership.. But personally i have a '98+ tranny lined up to be installed once i get it back..

When you had it for the few hundred miles Did it Puke it's antifreeze out on you?? or ever go cloudy??

and yes it's a clean car inside out.. just tobad the things that motivate it down the road are piles of crap :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Milani?

Saw it in the Buy and Sell,being sold at Milani autos.Was wondering if they fixed the tranny properly.When we had returned it to Richport they said they would get their money back from previous owner..?Yes the cel light had come on when we last had it.Apparently Milani sold this car to Richport then it went back to them.The tranny was supposedly rebuilt at Blackwells Transmissions in Surrey(Scott road)The service guy at Richport said that the cel was coming on because of cat con. problems...Had no antifreeze issues..Hope you get this mess fixed up, good luck.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CatScratchFever said:
Saw it in the Buy and Sell,being sold at Milani autos.Was wondering if they fixed the tranny properly.When we had returned it to Richport they said they would get their money back from previous owner..?Yes the cel light had come on when we last had it.Apparently Milani sold this car to Richport then it went back to them.The tranny was supposedly rebuilt at Blackwells Transmissions in Surrey(Scott road)The service guy at Richport said that the cel was coming on because of cat con. problems...Had no antifreeze issues..Hope you get this mess fixed up, good luck.
heh You've been following it too huh? :tongue:
Yah i got it at Milani.. they try to sell me the BS about it being `on sale' for the price listed and it was gonna go back up to like nearly $8g's or something..
And Yes you are correct.. I think Milani got it at auction (maybe traded in?) then Richport bought it off of them... I seen the paper work about that transaction when i was looking at it at richport :)
And yah.. the compelete incompent morons are Blackwells has/had the car again to try and get it too work never knew Richport sent it there.. thought they'll send it to someone alittle better :eek: Well the Check engine light, least when i got it, was cuased bye the O2 sensor being broken (for one of the many tranny RE&RE's?? :confused: )

when/if i get the car back.. the tranny will be upgraded to a '98+ spec tranny.. and i'm gonna talk to my boss and see if the people at Ford that he knows can get me a Pi 4.6L crate engine :cool: Doughtfull.. but one may never know.. heck dought i'll need it thou.. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts